There's Nowhere I'd Rather Be

Start from the beginning

"Do you want to come here or do you want me to come there? I want to be there for you Bek," he replied.

"I'm not really good company right now. How about we hang out tomorrow?" I didn't feel much better.

"Ok but only if you're sure. I'm worried about you," he sounded sad.

"I'm sure. Tomorrow's a new day & I'm sure I'll be fine. I better go. I'll talk to you in the morning," I didn't feel like talking anymore.

"Ok babe. Chin up beautiful. See ya," he answered.

"Bye," I hung up.

                                   I curled myself up on the bed trying not to think, trying to be numb. I'm not sure how much time had passed & I'm pretty sure I nodded off. There was a small knock at my door. There was a heartbeat so I knew it was Fin.

"Come in," I answered.

"Are you ok Bekah?" she came & sat on the bed next to me.

"To be honest, no. I want my bother back here where he's supposed to be," the truth was always the best.

"I know, but on the bright side, he said he'll come back," she replied.

"You know that means he may not come back for decades, even centuries," I felt angry with her.

"Oh. I guess you wish I never came into your life right now hey?" she spoke, hurt filled her voice.

"Why would you think that?" truth be told, she was right, I didn't want her in my life right now.

"If I never met you, you would have not introduced me to Elijah & then you never would have known Elizabeth was my grandmother. Nik never would have left. It's all because of me this has happened. Maybe I should leave & then he'll come back & you'll be happy again. You won't hate me anymore," it hurt when she said it out loud.

"I don't hate you," I sat up to face her, "even if you did leave, it wouldn't make a difference because then Elijah would be broken hearted & he'd leave. So instead of losing one brother, I would lose both & my best friend, the only best friend that I couldn't live without."

Even after the words left me, I realised it was true. She couldn't leave, I couldn't lose her.

"I hate seeing you like this & it's all my fault. I want you to tell me what you want me to do," tears broke, running down her cheeks.

                              I felt guilty because I was being selfish. She had just buried her grandmother this morning & here I was sulking because my boneheaded brother couldn't have what he wanted for a change.

I launched at her, hugging her securely, "I want you to promise that you'll never leave us."

"I promise," she sobbed, holding me just as close.

                            The two of us held each other, crying because of sorrow & relief. I peered up to see Elijah standing in the doorway with a mix of emotions plastered on his face. I had wondered if he had heard what was said. I motioned him to come in.

"I didn't want to interrupt this moment you two were having," his brows creased.

"It's all good now," I smiled to him.

A wave of relief consumed him & the pain he wore dissipated, "good to hear. I took the liberty to order dinner. It should be here within the hour."

"Good, I'm starving," I pulled back from Finlay, "go wash your face & I'll meet you downstairs with a much needed drink for us."

                            She nodded, getting up from the bed. She brushed her hand against Elijah & left the room without a word.