"What happened?" He rubbed his head and I also began following his methods, massaging his scalp. I snapped my head back and forth between the bed and Sean. The thin blanket swayed back and forth, leaving evidence of Damon's escape.

Instead of answering his question, I helped him up and led him to the bed. "Lay down." I instructed him softly. He flinched as he laid his head back.

"Where can I find some ice?"

His eyes fluttered open and I felt a pang of guilt, knowing damn well who did this to him.

"I don't want you going to the kitchen alone." His voice sounded tired and dry. I watched his eyes flutter close as he gripped his head in pain again.

Even in pain, he put my safety first.

"Sean, I need to get you some ice and some headache reliever. Don't worry about me. Where's the kitchen?" He locked eyes with me and I could see the uncertainty in his gaze. "Please? You need this. Stop being difficult and let me help you."

After finally convincing Sean to let me get what I needed, I found myself walking to the kitchen. I try to recall all his directions; Twisting and turning down halls. 

I sigh in relief when I see the archway he described to my right. I pivot inside but then halt in my spot, suppressing the urge to gasp.

As if sensing my presence now with him, Victor lifted his body straight up and closed the fridge. He turned towards me and we both froze. I couldn't help but let my eyes take in his shirtless state-and whoa mama, that's a nice view.

I realized I must be gawking, so I cleared my throat and straightened my shoulders. He on the other hand didn't seem to mind my staring, and instead sent me an almost arrogant smile.

"Hey." He greeted coolly, no longer seeming a nervous wreck.

I nod my head at him in acknowledgment and step further into the kitchen. I begin opening up drawers and cabinets in search of what I need but keep coming up short. I can feel Victor's stare as he stands behind me leaning on a wall.

"Looking for something specific?"

I spare him a side glance and return my feet back to its previous position, instead of on my toes. As I nod my head, he pushes his body off the wall and walks toward me.

I force myself not to cast my eyes downward and keep eye contact with him. "Something for headaches-like Advil or something and ice." I wave my hand carelessly to exaggerate my point.

He steps forward and I bite the urge to step back in defense. His arm stretches out to the left of me and I can't resist moving this time. He pauses and grins up at me but then continues on to grab the pills. "These for yourself or--,?" His question trails off.

"Thank you." I take the bottle and ignore his question. He smiles softly, not seeming affected by my lack of answering. Reaching for the freezer, I silently watch as he puts some ice in a paper cup.

"Hey...I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't mean to impose on Sean. I didn't realize you two were-,"

"We aren't," I rush out. "Me and him...there's nothing." He smiled in appreciation to my answer, I assume. I lift my hand with the bottle and rattle it. "I better go. Thank you."

I push off the counter and walk to the exit.

"Hey, Jamie--," He calls out, making me whip around. "I'll see you around." I nod a farewell and suppress the strange feeling in my stomach.