fourteen

[taehyung]

i sat with jimin on the couch, just watching whatever seemed to be playing on the tv. it wasn't anything too interesting, so my mind kept wandering elsewhere.

"hey, jimin–" i was cut off by several knocks at the door.

"ah, i'm sorry. one moment," jimin apologized before getting up and answering the door.

two boys stood there, one in ripped jeans and a white t-shirt and the other in black jeans and a navy blue striped sweater.

"jiminie!" they announced in unison, each giving jimin a one-armed hug, as they had bags in their other hands.

"hello, stranger!" the scrawnier boy greeted, smiling brightly at me.

"ah, hello," i replied, waving shyly.

"jungkook, hoseok, this is yoongi hyung and i's new roommate, taehyung. taehyung, this is jungkook," the one with the white t-shirt, "and this is hoseok," the one in the sweater who said hello to me.

"it's nice to meet you both," i said politely, shaking each of their hands.

"ahh! you're so cute!" hoseok gushed, playfully ruffling my hair.

i blushed and glanced down at my feet before looking back up at everyone.

"well, yoongi hyung is in his room, as usual, so you can go ahead back there with some snacks and stuff," jimin told the boys, earning two nods in agreement.

"actually," jungkook spoke up. "would you mind if i hung out with you?"

"i don't mind.. tae?"

"o-oh, i don't mind."

"there's your answer." jimin smiled fondly at the boy as he did a small sort of celebration dance.

hoseok grabbed some snacks and drinks and went to yoongi's room, while jimin and jungkook brought some snacks and drinks over to the coffee table.

i sat down at one end of the couch and patted the seat beside me, motioning to jimin. unfortunately, jungkook plopped down in the middle seat, separating jimin and i.

glancing over at jimin, i couldn't help but pout. i didn't want to sit by someone i just met. it made me feel slightly uncomfortable.

"i'm sorry," jimin mouthed as he looked at me with a bit of a frown.

"it's okay," i mouthed back, giving him a small reassuring smile.

he nodded and winked at me before turning his attention to the snacks before us on the table.

watching jungkook and jimin happily converse, i knew it was going to be a loooooong evening.

authors note:
surprise update bc i can't sleep ayyyyyy
i hope you guys enjoyyyyyy~