six

[ taehyung ]

my eyes fluttered open and i felt a warm presence pressed against me. i looked down and saw jimin with an arm slung around my waist. my arms were also around him.

my face warmed up and i remembered that we watched a movie the previous night. we must have fallen asleep before it was over.

i yawned and lightly shook jimin, trying to wake him up.

"jimin... jimin... jimin," i whispered, shaking his arm a little rougher each time.

finally, his eyes opened and he looked at me with his eyebrows furrowed. it took him a minute to realize what all was going on. when he did, he blushed and pulled away from me.

after a few minutes of us just sitting there, he broke the silence.

"you hungry?"

"ah, no. i'm o-" i was cut off when my stomach growled.

"well, you said no, but your stomach is saying yes. come on, tae," he said softly, smiling and pulling me up from the couch.

as we walked to the kitchen, he delicately held my hand.

"how come you keep holding my hand?" i asked hesitantly.

"you said it makes you feel safe. plus i like holding hands," he grinned.

i smiled to myself and nodded.

jimin had me sit at the table while he made breakfast. i was sitting there, just looking around, noticing little decorations and knickknacks that i hadn't seen yesterday.

"tae, can you go wake up yoongi hyung?" he questioned from the kitchen.

"a-ah, sure," i stuttered.

i was going to say no, but if i'm going to be staying here, i have to get used to being around yoongi. i sucked it up and walked towards the bedroom with the door closed.

"yoongi hyung?" i called out softly, knocking on the door.

not getting a response, i turned the knob and it was unlocked. i went inside the room and saw the older boy sitting at a desk, asleep. he had headphones around his neck and his face was pressed against the surface of the desk.

i shook the boy's shoulder a few times, calling out his name. 'he must be a deep sleeper,' i concluded, as he still hadn't woken up. sighing, i shook his arms rougher than i had before and called his name louder.

his eyes finally peeled open and he lifted his head to look at me. and if looks could kill... rip kim taehyung.

"uh, j-jimin asked me to come wake you up. he's m-making breakfast." i looked down at my hands, fidgeting with my fingers.

"mm," he mumbled, ruffling his bed hair. "okay.."

he removed the headphones and stood up, stretching. "oh god," he groaned over the sound of his back popping.

"i'll tell him you're up," i spoke softly.

"mkay."

i turned and was on my way out of the door when he stopped me.

"oh, taehyung?"

"y-yes yoongi hyung?"

"you don't have to be afraid of me. i'm generally moody." he slung an arm around my shoulder and flashed me a gummy smile.

"okay." i nodded and smiled.