one

[ jimin ]

"i thought jin was going to have a heart attack," i laughed, clutching my stomach.

"oh my god, i know. i can't believe jungkook said that in front of him," hoseok chuckled beside me.

"oh man holy shit!" we both mocked in unison, bursting out into loud laughter afterward. hoseok was laughing so hard, he had to lean on me for support.

once we had calmed down, we wiped the tears from our eyes. "i should probably get going though. yoongi hyung probably hasn't eaten anything since i've been home. he can't cook to save his life and he's been working on music." i rolled my eyes at my roommate's unhealthy habits.

"i'll see you tomorrow then, jiminie. tell hyung i said hi!" hoseok beamed, squishing me in a hug before heading off towards his place.

i smiled to myself and continued to walk towards my apartment. i stuffed my hands in my jacket pocket, shivering from the cold. the wind blowing through the air felt like it could cut right through me.

i walked faster, trying to get to my warm and cozy apartment where i could enjoy a cup of hot chocolate and snuggle into a million blankets. okay, maybe not a million, but that would be awesome.

as i approached the apartment complex, i noticed something curled up by the front doors. furrowing my eyebrows, i walked up to it. upon further inspection, it was a person. a boy, specifically. he didn't look much older than me, maybe even younger. his eyes were closed and he was shivering. no wonder, all he had on was a thin sweater and some sweatpants and worn, old shoes.

i knelt down and lightly shook the boy's shoulder. his eyes snapped open and he sat up in fright, gasping.

"hey, hey, calm down," i said softly, knowing i must have startled him.

"who are you?" he asked, his voice seeming way too deep for his young face.

"my name is jimin. i live in one of these apartments. who are you?"

"i'm taehyung."

"what are you doing out here? you're gonna catch a cold."

"i don't have anywhere to go."

frowning, i stood up and held my hand out to him. "come on."

"what?" he questioned, confused.

"i'm taking you to my apartment. you can stay with me. i'm sure my roommate won't mind." i smiled gently at him.

hesitantly, he took my hand.