nine

[jimin]

taehyung and i had been gone for around three hours by the time we had finished shopping for clothes and groceries, so i decided it was time to head back to the apartment. as we drove back, we sat in comfortable silence; the only thing making a sound was the radio. our hands were locked together, resting between us on the middle console.

i felt his fingertip trace over the pewter ring on my middle finger a few times, causing me to glance over at him momentarily.

"you like my ring or something?" i grinned playfully at him.

"a-ah, i was just wondering what the engravings were, that's all," he stuttered, his cheeks faintly flushing pink.

"it says 'stay true' and has my name and birthday on the inside of it," i explained.

"where'd you get it?"

"yoongi-hyung bought it for me for my birthday last year. it's probably my favorite present i've ever received- well, besides my mom giving life to me, you know."

"oh, yeah. it's really nice." taehyung smiled and looked out the window.

not much longer and we were back at the apartment building. the two of us filled our arms with bags, not wanting to make more than one trip to the apartment.

we struggled to carry everything, but managed to get it all to the apartment without having to make another trip or dropping anything. after setting all the bags down, taehyung and i high-fives to celebrate our shopping trip success.

as we talked and began to put all the groceries away, yoongi emerged from his room and came into the kitchen.

"taehyung."

"y-yes, hyung?"

"why don't you go try on your new clothes? i can help jimin," yoongi slightly smiled.

"thank you, hyung!" taehyung nodded and grabbed the few bags containing his new clothes, heading to the bathroom.

yoongi shook his head, still wearing a faint smile on his face as he began helping me put the groceries away in the fridge and cabinets.

"what?" i asked, seeing yoongi's expression.

"he's so bubbly for someone who's had such a rough time."

"ah, yeah, he really is. and he's such a sweet boy." i nodded.

i felt yoongi's arms slide around my waist from behind and his head rested on my shoulder. my face was already beginning to warm up at the physical contact.

"you sound like you've already grown quite fond of taehyung, hm?" yoongi's deep voice rasped in my ear.

"he's my friend, yoongi-hyung."

"are you sure? or do you maybe have a little crush on him? you two seem very close." his cold fingertips brushed against the flesh of my stomach as he slid his hand under the front of my shirt.

"hyung, please stop. i don't want to do this anymore. i already told you before." i said firmly, trying to elbow him away from me.

"i'm sorry, jiminie. seeing you so close with him makes me jealous," he drawled, his lips brushing against my earlobe.

frustrated, i turned around in his arms and pushed him back. "min yoongi, stop this. you know for a fact that you aren't jealous of taehyung and i becoming friends. you're still torn up about namjoon and seokjin, so you want to use me to get over it again. i'm not doing that anymore. now please, put groceries away or get out of the kitchen."

"fine." yoongi snapped, glaring at me as he stormed out of the kitchen. i heard a door slam and knew that he was angry and that he would probably work on music all night or just lock himself in his room to sulk.

i shook my head. "whatever."

"jimin?" i heard a soft voice call out as i was finishing putting everything away.

"hm?" i turned around and saw taehyung wearing the light orange sweater i had bought for him, along with some white jeans he had also picked out.

taehyung fidgeted with his fingers and glanced down towards his feet bashfully before looking up at me. "does this look alright?"

my mouth was ajar and my eyes scanned his outfit from his head to his feet. the lighter colors complimented his tanned skin and dark brown locks.

"you look amazing."

"really?"

"really, tae. you're adorable."

"thank you, jimin." he blushed and rubbed the back of his neck

"no problem, tae." i grinned and ruffled his hair.