Chapter 29 - Tris

Start from the beginning

He pulls back, looking at me in the eyes, "You know you really are an amazing mother.  I really didn't know that the way you love Zoe, was even possible.  I never could see myself having children, because I thought children deserved more than I got.  With you though, I can't imagine my life without them now." 

I can't help but feel the smile growing across my face.  I'm so glad he voicing his concerns to me.  "Tobias, you know you would make an incredible father.  You've already shown that to Zoe and me.  I really could see us having more children and you would be absolutely amazing." 

He begins stroking my cheek, and I close my eyes, enjoying his touch.  I feel a longing deep in my chest, and smile.  This was not the type of pillow talk I was expecting tonight, but it's nice to know where we stand now.  I need to change the subject though, or I'm going to throw away the birth control, and attempt for children now.  That's a bad idea.  Really bad.

"So when do we need to leave tomorrow?"  Trying my best to change the subject, but having a hard time getting the image of Tobias and I together out of my head. 

He stops stroking my cheek, and pulls me to his chest sighing.  "We need to leave by 7:45 to catch the flight." 

I nod, excitement bubbling within me.  "I've never been to Chicago before."

He shrugs, "Similar to here, but with bigger buildings closer together and colder."

"Is that it?"  A slight edge of disappointment in my voice.  I know he is down playing it given how many bad memories he has there. 

He chuckles, "Well, I honestly like Atlanta better, but it has nothing to do with Chicago itself."  He breathes in, running his fingers down my side toward my waist, "I'm just glad you could come with me, but I really am sorry you'll pretty much be by yourself tomorrow and Friday."

I smile into his chest, "Don't worry Tobias.  George said he is going to be my personal tour guide of the city so it shouldn't be too bad.  Besides, you'll have me all to yourself in the evenings."  Doing my best to sound seductive.  God I'm awful at this.  

He grips my waist briefly, before running his hand up my back.  "Mmm...I do enjoy our time in bed together."  His lips find mine, kissing me briefly, before looking into my eyes, watching my reaction.  He moves his hand down my back again, over my butt, eventually grabbing behind my knee, hiking my leg up so it's resting over his hip, causing me to gasp.  He begins moving his hand back up my thigh slowly.  His voice is a deep rumble as he gets close to my ear.  "I do enjoy the feel of your skin against mine...the way you taste...the way you moan...the way you feel around me when I send you over the edge."  I'm practically melting feeling his lips brushing against my skin.  He is so much better at this than I am. 

Why do I need to get up in the morning?  Why can't he just take me right now?  Oh right.  I need to sleep.  "Tobias?"  I'm having trouble forming a coherent sentence right now.  "You are making it very difficult to remember why we need to go to sleep."

He pulls back, smiling.  "I know.  I'm sorry.  I just don't think I'll ever get enough of you."

I smile, "I feel exactly the same way about you." 

He kisses my forehead, "I love you so much Tris.  Sweet dreams."

He pulls me close to him.  I smile into his chest, "I love you Tobias."

**********

The trip to Chicago was exciting, and not in a good way.  Tobias it turns out, is petrified of flying.  So I spent most of the flight trying to keep him calm.  Rubbing circles on his back.  Whispering calming words in his ear as he held on to me like he was terrified I might slip away.