Chapter 19 - Tris

The past month has been a whirlwind. I can't believe Tobias and I have already been dating for almost two months. Tobias has not only been an incredible boyfriend, but Zoe has grown attached to him too, especially since he started coming to hang out on the weekends. Zoe asked if she could stay home with Tobias and I on her weekend with Helen so she could get to know Tobias more. While I didn't mind too much, a small part of me was a little disappointed that we wouldn't have any alone time.

During that weekend, Zoe asked if Tobias would teach some simple moves to her friends at her birthday party. He couldn't have been more thrilled, spending several nights afterwards making a lesson for the party. While I thought he did an amazing job teaching, I don't think he was prepared for eight screaming little girls hyped up on sugar. He was all too happy to let Christina take over with nails when he finished. The memory still brings a smile to my lips of when I found him lying on the bed after his Aikido session with them.

**********

I find him on his back, sprawled across my bed with his arms over his face. I smile, closing the door behind me so the girls won't find him. "How do people do that every day? Teachers have my complete and total respect." He groans.

I chuckle. "Well Tobias, to be fair, most teachers aren't having to deal with children that have had cake and ice cream just before their class."

He removes his arms looking at me, "I don't think I could do that with kids every week. I don't know if they understood even half of what I was trying to teach them."

I come over sitting next to him, gently rubbing his arm. "Tobias, don't worry about the other kids. You can judge your teaching skills on Zoe later. I think you'll be surprised how much she'll retain."

He sighs, sitting up, but looks at the floor, "I don't know if I would be any good at doing this."

I kiss him lightly on the cheek, "Tobias, look at me. It's a birthday party. It was for fun. Don't judge your worth as a teacher just on one party. Look at what you were able to do for me. I don't have to take Eric's class anymore because of you. That should tell you right there that you are an amazing teacher."

He finally smiles, placing his head on my shoulder. "You're right. I'm so glad you don't have to deal with that asshole anymore."

I chuckle, "Me too. Now come on, we still have to set up the movie and popcorn next, and then we get to send them back to their homes." I stand up, starting to head toward the door.

He grabs me around the waist, pulling me down so that I'm sitting on his lap. He runs his nose along the length of my jaw, whispering in my ear, "What if I don't want to? What if all I want to do is kiss you?" At those words, he begins kissing down my neck, his hand raises the hem of my shirt, touching my stomach going slowly higher, raising gooseflesh over my body. A moan escapes me due to the pleasure of his lips and the feel of his rough hands on my skin.

"Then you get to explain to Zoe and her friends the awkward position they find us in." My voice is breathy, since it's difficult to form complete sentences at the moment.

He places his forehead to my shoulder, sighing. "Fine."

**********

I look in the mirror one last time, adjusting my shirt. Tobias invited me to meet his mentor, Amar, and his husband, George, for dinner tonight. Christina is taking Zoe since it's not one of my free weekends.

I'm not sure how this night is going to go. What if they don't like me? What if they think I'm not right, or not good enough for Tobias? What if Tobias decides that because they don't like me, he'll find someone better?