Chapter 15 - Tris

His voice is low, almost a rumble, and his eyes are an intense dark blue.  "You didn't have to win for me to do that.  I've wanted to kiss you all day."  He gently caresses my cheek, eventually threading his fingers into my hair and pulls me gently toward him.  I place my hands on his chest, feeling his heart beat against my fingers.  Those last few inches are lost as our lips finally connect.  I have never felt so much passion behind such a gentle kiss.  His lips are soft and warm.  We move with each other in a way I didn't think was possible. 

The kiss only lasts for a few seconds, but lifetimes could have existed outside that kiss and I would be completely unaware.  He pulls back gently, his eyes searching my face.  His breath is uneven as he leans his forehead to mine, closing his eyes.  "Um...Tris?" 

"Yes?"  I say breathlessly.  I'm having trouble breathing myself right now.  Electricity thrumming throughout my body. 

He pulls back enough to look at me.  His eyes shining in the twilight of the evening.  "I know this is going to sound a little rushed, but do you think we could start seeing each other?"  He closes his eyes as he continues, "I don't think I can bare to know your lips are touching anyone else's." 

I place my hand on his cheek, "Tobias, I have no intention of kissing anyone else but you.  I do have a quick question...well...demand really." 

He opens his eyes, quirking an eyebrow as he pulls back slightly, "Ok?"

I already feel like I'm hooked on some kind of drug.  I am addicted to him after just one time.  "Kiss me again." 

He doesn't say anything, instead, he wraps his arms around me, pulling me close, and begins kissing me again.  This kiss is hungrier, still with passion, but different, less tentative.  My arms are around his neck, and I can feel that this is probably not the place to be doing this, no matter how romantic it is. 

I pull away, "Can we get out of here?"

His fingers tuck my hair behind my ear, "Absolutely."

I stand up, and we begin to make our way back to his car.  I try to ignore the pain the shoes are giving me, making a mental note to let Christina know that flats are a must next time.  After working in tennis shoes all day, I'm not used to heels at all.  I look over at Tobias as we leave the parking lot, his smile is incredibly sexy.  He hasn't let go of my hand, other than to get into the car.  Then something hits me, I need to discuss what the expectations of tonight are.  I really don't want this to go farther than kissing.  I really don't want to take that step for a while. "Tobias?"

He looks at me briefly, before his eyes return to the road. "Yes Tris?"

"Um..." God how do I say this?

"What is it?  What's wrong?"

I sigh, "Tobias, I just want to make things clear before we head back to your apartment."

I haven't looked at him, and I can tell he seems worried now.  "Ok, what is it?"

"While this evening has been wonderful, and romantic...I just don't want you to think...um...this will....um..."  Why can't I say this? I deal with all kinds of embarrassing things at work, so why can't I talk to him about being intimate? This is worse than trying to have the sex talk with Zoe!

"What?  You mean have sex?"

I blush hard, looking down at our intertwined fingers.  He has to feel the heat coming off my face right now.  He begins rubbing circles on my hand since he can't look at me. 

"Tris?  Look at me please."  I look and see him glancing between the road and my face.  "In all honesty, I really don't want to take that step right now either. Don't get me wrong.  I find you wildly attractive, but I don't want to just have sex with you.  I really don't want to take that step till we're both ready."