Chapter 26 - Tobias

A/N:  Thank you to everyone that is reading, voting, commenting and adding my story to your reading lists.  I love hearing your thoughts on my story.  It pushes me to make sure my story is the best that I think it can be.  Enjoy!

I hear the alarm go off and groan, rolling over to silence it. I slowly roll onto my back, wishing I could stay in this bed for the rest of the day. I can't recall ever being more content in my entire life than I am right now. I have willing given so much of myself to Tris; more than anyone else I have ever been with. But I know there is more to my history that I need to reveal to her. Like who my father actually is, and why even though Chicago holds memories of my mother, I still hate it because of him. I just can't bring myself to divulge those memories with her yet.

After finding her in the graveyard, Tris completely opened up to me in a way no one has ever done, especially to me. It wasn't for my attention or affection, in fact, she would rather I didn't hear what I did, but I don't mind to know what her true feelings are. I will do nothing but honor and respect them. I just don't know why I can't do that with her yet. Something in me wants to tell her everything about myself, but I don't know if she'll be able to handle the truly horrific tales of my past. I just don't want to add to her list of nightmares.

I sigh and look over seeing the curved, and very naked back of my stunning girlfriend and can't help the smirk that comes across my face. I could wake up to that sight every day, and never get tired of it. She does things to me that no woman has ever been able to do. Mornings aren't usually a problem, but on the free weekends we have together, Mondays come far too quickly. I just can't seem to get enough of Tris.

I roll back over, pulling Tris to me, thinking that we might be able to repeat what we did last night before we have to get ready for work, but something doesn't feel right. She's way too warm, but her body is shaking against my skin. I softly place my hand to her forehead trying not to wake her, feeling her skin almost burn into mine. 'Oh shit.' I pull the blanket around her, making sure she is covered as much as possible, all thoughts of pleasuring her vanish. I get up, pulling on a pair of sweats, being as quiet as possible and head into the kitchen.

I sit down at the table and think about what needs to be done on the latest project this week. Will should be able to handle it without a problem, especially if I to take the week off. And even if there was a problem, I could easily work from my computer here or at Tris' house. I hate doing that, since I wouldn't be able to have my eyes on everything that was going on, but there are more important things that need my attention.

I call Will's number, planning on speaking to him briefly, when a voice I didn't expect answers. "Oh my God! Someone better be dead for you to be calling at this hour." The voice is groggy, but it is undeniably Christina.

Good to know they are already to that stage in their relationship. I'm still not used to her way of communication though, and try not to be rude, but it's difficult. I close my eyes, pinching the bridge of my nose I say, "Christina...where's Will? I need to speak with him."

I can hear Christina start to move around, though her voice is still thick with sleep, "He's in the shower. Why do you need to talk to him at 6:30 in the morning anyway?"

I glance toward the bedroom, "I just need to discuss some business with Will. Tris is pretty sick right now. I'm going to take off to care for her."

I can practically hear Christina sit up, excitement in her voice, "This isn't morning sickness is it?"

I resist the urge to hang up on her, but let a sigh, trying to calm myself, "No Christina. She appears to have a high fever and chills."

She starts laughing, "I know she isn't. I'm just giving you a hard time. I'll have Will call you when he gets out ok?"