Planning

Wash's POV:

"Uh... What just happened, and why did it hurt?" Grif groans, putting a hand to his helmet in pain. "Uh... Where am I?" Dr. Grey scanned the barren area, dazed beyond comprehension.

"I think my insides were just outside," Caboose lays flat on the ground, his limbs spread out in a starfish position. "Ugh, is everyone okay?" I cough, my voice strained to the max.

"You know, I never thought I'd be so glad to see you idiots again," Carolina's steel colored armor fades to cyan, making everyone's jaw drop. "Carolina?" Tucker gapes, tilting his head in confusion and shock.

"That's not all!"

Epsilon appears beside his partner, outstretching his arms to the rainbow of soldiers, "Miss me, assholes?" After a moment of silence, Tucker throws his DMR to the ground in anger.

"You fuck!" He charges towards Epsilon, falling through the hologram and hitting the ground with a thud. "Huh," Church shrugged, exchanging a glance with Carolina, "Wasn't expecting that."

"Yeah... me neither," I grimaced, kicking the dirt viciously. "Wash," Carolina put a hand on his shoulder, "You didn't know."

I yanked away from her, scowling at the ground, "I should've!" Carolina sighed, and Tucker got off the ground with a reluctant huff.

"I should've known she would've gone with him. Loved him more than me... He was there for her when I wasn't," I sat down on a rock, chucking my helmet into the dust below me.

"Dude, you had no idea she would do this. It's not your fault," Tucker shrugged, forgetting about his pissy mood for one second. "No. It is. I never should have put so much love and trust into her. I should've known Felix would manipulate her like this," I spat, throwing my head in my hands.

"She made the choice. Not you," Church huffed, crossing his arms as he gazed at me sympathetically. "That's the point!" I exploded, "She made the choice to pick a greedy maniac over me! That's the point!"

Everyone fell silent as I settled back down, wiping my eyes with the back of my hand. I sniffled, trying to blink away the cloudiness in my eyes, "I was stupid."

Dr. Grey frowned, sitting down on the dirt beside me. She placed a soft hand on my knee, showing me a small smile, "You were in love. That's not a sickness that's curable."

I nodded slowly, rubbing my eyes another time before returning her smile.

Carolina cleared her throat, putting her hands on her hips as she tried to change the subject, "So... What's the plan, now?"

"We need to stop them," I stood up from the rock, retracting the BR from my back holster, "The Feds and the Rebels. They need to know these assholes are playing them like puppets." Church shrugged to Carolina, who nodded.

"We need to stop the mercs, too," my face was stone cold, as well as my voice. Everyone knew I included Sam in that group as well. "No matter what."

--------------------------------------------

Back to Sam's POV:

"Come on, man. She can do it," Felix insisted. I listened from outside the doorway, eavesdropping on their intense debate. "No, Felix. Her emotions and feelings toward him will get in the way," Locus refuted, immediately turning down his idea.

Felix sighed, and so did I, "She doesn't love him anymore, for crying out loud!" The green and grey merc shook his head, "That's what she's telling you, including herself. People don't just forget feelings like that. It takes time." I looked to the floor, nibbling on the inside of my cheek. He was partially right, but I would never admit that to Felix. I chose him, and that's all that matters.

"Time doesn't take away hurt. It just replaces memories... And she's got plenty of those already," Felix lowly commented, but audible enough for me to hear. He didn't know I was outside; he thought I was sleeping in his room. But, I had other plans in mind.

"Felix, she's not ready for something like this and you know it," Locus scolded, making Felix grow silent for once. The deep voice almost made me jump when he spoke again, "If we want the job done quickly and guaranteed, we will be the ones to take care of it."

"She can do it. She wants to," Felix was relentless, but nothing was going to change Locus' mind. He sighed, shaking his head at the orange and grey merc, "There's always a sliver of failure waiting to happen."

"Never with me," Felix jabbed a thumb towards his chest, getting defensive of his ego. "Always with you," Locus glared, and Felix glared right back. After a few tense and silent moments, Locus turned around to walk away.

"Ya know," Felix sneered, wanting to get the last word, "It's not your choice who gets to do what. That's for control to decide." Locus slowly turned around, giving him a look that said he dared him, "I'm not going to let your plaything ruin our one chance at finally ending this."

I rolled my eyes, quietly sprinting away from the room once I heard Locus coming towards the exit. I made it to Felix's room unseen, clicking the door closed and then jumping into the bed. I nestled into the sheets, inhaling the scent of Felix.

Upon hearing the door open, I immediately shut my eyes and tried to breathe evenly and slowly. I felt his weight settle beside me on the bed, sighing deeply as he tried to be as quiet as possible.

He smoothed the hair away from my face, rubbing his thumb gently across my cheek. "I'm happy you stayed," Felix smiled, chuckling softly as he leaned down to kiss my cheek.

I tried to hide my smile, smothering the covers up to my nose. The merc laughed again, crawling over me to the other side of the bed.

"Me too," I whispered, turning over and putting my hands on his bare chest. Felix smiled tiredly at me, pressing a light kiss to my forehead after a yawn.

"You were listening, weren't you?" Felix murmured, twirling a strand of my hair between his fingers. He knew me too well. I nodded slowly, afraid he was going to be mad for me eavesdropping on a conversation that wasn't meant for my hearing.

Felix exhaled deeply, pressing his pierced lip in a thin line. I shifted uncomfortably in the bed, watching his expression. After a short moment, he tucked the strand of hair he was playing with behind my ear.

"If you aren't ready for this," Felix whispered, putting a hand on my neck, "I understand. Don't do this for me."

I smiled, shaking my head slowly, "I'm not doing this for anyone. I'm doing this for me." Felix nodded, the corners of his lips perking up.

"So... what's the plan?" I nestled up to him, nuzzling my head under his chin. Felix slung an arm around my side, running his fingertips along my back. He shrugged, his voice still in a soft whisper,

"To end this."