Chapter 10

Alyssa's POV

"Oh my god, you look beautiful Hal" I stopped at the doorway as my eyes fell upon my gorgeous best friend sitting on the chair, all ready to go.

Her fiery red hair was wrapped up in a bun, exposing her back through the white garment she wore. It was a simple white strapless dress that cascaded down in layers with a simple sweetheart neckline and a silver strap on the middle, tied neatly on the back. Her make-up was natural, but vibrant at the same time, her eyes standing out due to the soft lines of eye liner and her cute lips highlighted with a cool tone of red lipstick. She looked perfect. My hands were over my mouth as I looked upon her in awe. This was officially it. My best friend was getting married.

I walked slowly towards her as she stood up from the chair and embraced her in a hug.

"Are you ready?" I asked her, pulling away from her. She only nodded, her eyes fixed on the floor. I could sense her nervousness as she avoided my gaze. "Hal, it's going to be amazing" her eyes finally met mine as she smiled and nodded again.

"You're right Al. Thank you so much. You have no idea how much it means to me that you're here. I mean we basically used to plan this day together since we met back in 1st grade. I can't believe it's finally happening, especially with the man that I love so much." My heart clenched at her words, my wolf itching to forgive our mate, but that wasn't going to happen. I pushed my thoughts down and focused back on my best friend, a smile forming on my face as I nodded and embraced her into another hug.

There was a soft knock on the door before the door was pushed open and Diana walked in, looking gorgeous as always, with a bouquet of white flowers in her hands. The past few days I had gotten to know her well, realising that she might be Chace's sister, but she was nothing like him. She was a fun and quiet person, and I much preferred her over her brother. She smiled at the scene and walked over to us, handing Hal the bouquet of flowers.

"It's time." She slowly announced a wide grin on her face. I looked back at Hal with an excited smile, and gave her one last hug before releasing her. With that, I turned around, joining Diana and the rest of the bridesmaids down before the doors, Hal soon joined us downstairs, standing ready next to her dad.

I focused my attention on the doors as they slowly opened and the bridesmaids and I walked down the aisle to get onto the platform behind the bride. As soon as I entered the scent of my mate had me looking up right through his eyes. He wore a white suit that clung to his figure perfectly, accentuating every muscle in his body, making my wolf even more desperate on the inside. I realised that I had been staring and I quickly averted my eyes, watching my steps. I could feel his heavy gaze on me as I walked further, and I could tell his wolf was clawing to come out, as did my own. Ignoring the feelings, I finally made it to the platform, standing a few feet away from the minister, watching Adam nervously adjust his tie on the other side. Behind him, stood Chace, whose eyes were still fixed on me as he shamelessly looked me head to toe.

I rolled my eyes and looked ahead, where everybody had risen and the music had started to play and my best friend slowly entered through the doors, her arm looped into her dads as she held tightly on to the bouquet of flowers. She took slow steps, simply watching Adam from the distance. His mouth had dropped open at the sight of her; his eyes were filled with pure love and adoration. When she reached the love of her life, her father placed a soft kiss on her cheek before placing his daughter's hand into Adam's. He picked them up delicately, placing a soft kiss on them.

We then all looked back at the minister as his voice echoed through the grand hall.

"We are gathered here to celebrate the union of Adam Colin Ford and Hailey Evan Wood. Please repeat after me. I, Adam Ford, take you, Hailey Wood, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, for richer or for poor, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish till death do us apart."

"I, Adam Ford, take you, Hailey Wood, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, for richer or for poor, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish till death do us apart."

"I, Hailey Wood, take you, Adam Ford, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, for richer or for poor, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish till death do us apart." She smiled as she said.

"Do you, Adam Ford, take Hailey wood as your lawfully wedded wife?" Adam looked at Hailey with an intense gaze of love as he put the ring on her finger and replied:

"I do."

"And do you, Hailey Wood, take Adam Ford as your lawfully wedded husband?" With an equal amount of happiness she put the ring around his finger.

"I do."

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife, you may kiss the bride." In less than a second, Adam's lips were hooked onto Hal's as he clung on to her tightly, and the loud cheers had erupted through the hall at the new bride and groom.

I couldn't believe the sight ahead of me, my best friend was finally married.

It was time for me to go back home.

*****

Picking up the last pieces of what was left of the after party, I sat myself down on the white chairs, resting my aching legs for a minute. Saying goodbye to my best friend was harder than I thought, even though I promised to visit her after she came back from her honeymoon. My head fell into the nest of my hands as I thought how to say goodbye to my parents.

"Hey" a voice jerked me up, only to realise that it was Chace. For the first time in ages, I didn't want to be rude to him, I didn't want to snap at him or make snarky comments. I had a genuine smile on my face as I looked back at him.

"Hey, did they leave?" he nodded, his eyes focusing on the floor, his hands tucked in his pockets as he walked towards me, sitting on the chair in front of me. I nodded slowly, avoiding eye contact. "Great, well I guess it's time I left too, I have to get back-"

"Don't leave." He interrupted me, stopping me dead in my tracks. I looked up, noticing his head was hung low, his eyes were clenched shut.

"What?" his face slowly rose, and I could notice a pool of tears ready to flood out any minute from his eyes. My heart ached, seeing him this way, and for the first time in ages, I felt bad.

"Alyssa, I know the asshole of the man that I am rejecting my mate at first sight. I know what I did was beyond wrong that day, I know the consequences that come with it. But what you don't know is how much I regretted it the minute I did it. Sure, I put up with Chloe, but we all know that I just did that to look popular, and I know now what kind of an Alpha that makes me. A poor, selfish, bastard of an Alpha and a man, but that's not who I want to be anymore. This might sound cliché but I do want to change Alyssa, for you, for my pack. I want to become a better person, and the only way I can do that is with you. You make me complete Alyssa, you make me so happy. I will spend the rest of my life making it up to you, but for now, please, just give me one chance. I'm begging you, please, stay" The tears had released themselves from his eyes as he bent down on his knees before me holding my hands in his as he desperately pleaded with his eyes. My heart ached so much, and my wolf was whimpering on the inside as she looked at her mate on his knees begging for forgiveness.

As much as I wanted to give in, I was afraid of what was to come.

Oh lord, what am I supposed to do?

A/N

Suprise update!!! Hal is finally married!!!! What do you think Alyssa will do?? Do you feel bad for Chace?? Chapter thoughts? Future predictions? Comment below and let me know what you think!!!

Picture of Alyssa's look to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha