twenty-three // and i don't know you

--Tyler's P.O.V--

"I want to go to the park!" I heard Séverine screech from the other room the next morning.

"We don't!" The twins yelled in response.

Almost every time I saw Courtney and Pierre with their children, everything seemed so easy. None of them ever caused a scene in public and that was surprising for three toddlers. I never thought that they ever misbehaved, but now as Pierre and Courtney were in the next room getting their kids dressed and ready for the day, I realized that I was very wrong.

"Séverine has a very loud voice, doesn't she?" Josh remarked from the couch.

"You should hear her when she cries," Chuck responded. "It sounds much much worse than it does now."

"And you will probably hear her cry in about in a minute if she gets told no," David said. "But then Pierre will feel bad for making her cry and then give her what she wants. It's an endless cycle honestly."

I plopped down on the couch next to Josh, a sigh leaving my lungs. Last night was one of the worst nights of my life. I didn't get any sleep whatsoever, not even an hour. Courtney just wouldn't get out of my head and let me rest. I loved her so much and I wanted her to realize that I could take care of her and I was able to be a good father to her children. Sadly, the realization didn't seem to be hitting her.

I lifted my head up from looking at my lap to see Courtney and Pierre exiting the room that was used as Séverine's room. Courtney was carrying the twins in her arms and I chuckled escaped me as I noticed that Bowser was wearing a Blink-182 shirt and Benji had on a Ramones shirt. Pierre was holding onto Séverine who was dressed in a white dress with black polka dots on it. I watched as her blue eyes filled up with tears as Pierre talked to her softly, trying to calm her down. Seeing his daughter crying pained him, I could see it in his eyes.

"Um, if she wants to go to the park, I could take her," I offered. "You guys can come and get us when everyone is ready to leave for the butterfly garden. Ryan is still trying to get Brendon out of bed anyway."

Courtney looked at me in confusion, trying to figure out what my motive was behind my offer as she sat Bowser and Benji down onto the floor. "I don't know." She turned to Pierre. "Do you think she'll be safe without us around?"

I knew that her doubt in me was just her motherly instinct coming out, but her comment still stung. I wasn't going to let her daughter get hurt in any way. Séverine was her daughter which meant in my mind, she was basically my daughter too.

Pierre seemed a bit apprehensive to agree as well. "You will keep an eye on her at all times, right? You won't let her leave your sight?"

I nodded, quickly. "I'll keep an eye on her."

"If you are worried, London and I will go with him," David added. "We will make sure that everything is okay."

Courtney sighed. "Fine, you can take her, but please please be sure to watch her. I don't want her to hurt herself."

I smiled at her, nodding my head. Pierre grinned at his daughter, carefully wiping away the tears that had dripped down her cheeks. "You hear that, princess? Tyler is going to take you to the park for a little bit while Mommy and Daddy stay here, okay? But you have to be good and not cause Tyler, Uncle David, and Aunt London any trouble."

A look of confusion overtook Josh's face as he took note of London's title, but he chose not to comment about it. I chose to stay mute about the fact that I was known as just Tyler to Courtney's kids. I didn't even have a title.

Séverine squealed, causing her parents to smile. David stood up from his place at the island and pulled Séverine up into his arms. "You ready for some fun, sweetheart?" The little girl giggled as I got to my feet, making my way over to where they were all standing.