one // i dream about you

You will figure out my real name in this chapter and figure out a lot about me if you pay attention.

--Courtney's P.O.V--

"I now pronounce you man and wife. Sébastíen, you may kiss the bride."

The church erupted into a round of applause as Seb pulled Winnie into a kiss. I could see the tears already streaming down Winnie's face and I was beyond happy for her. After a short engagement of only about five months or so, they finally tied the knot.

Séverine tugged on my dress, not understanding why everyone was being so loud. I lifted her body into my arms, smoothing out her blonde hair. "It's okay, sweetie. I know it's loud."

She leaned her head against my shoulder, releasing a sigh. "Where's Daddy? I wanna go home."

Pierre was currently standing next to David, who was congratulating Seb profusely. When Seb asked him to be the best man, he was quite shocked. During one of the late night talks we had, Pierre was telling me that he didn't understand why Seb picked him and not David, Chuck, or even his own brother. He felt like he was going to screw the job up somehow.

"We are only going to be here for a little while longer, okay? Daddy and I have to finish up a few things first." I planted a kiss on her cheek as her eyes began to drift closed.

When Pierre and I figured out the wedding was coming up, I didn't think it was a good idea to bring Severine since the ceremony was going to last until eleven or so. That was way passed a four year old's bedtime, but she threw a fit when she realized that she was going to be left with Pierre's parents for a night. Of course, Pierre hated making our daughter upset, so he talked me into letting her tag along with us.

I gently sat her down onto the blanket I spread across the pew in case she fell asleep before slipping a pair of headphones onto her ears, trying to block out the noise a little bit. Billie looked up at me, his hand stroking my daughter's hair. "I'll make sure she doesn't get into trouble, Courtney. Go hang out with everyone."

"Thank you," I said, gratefully. "I'm going to go around and say goodbye to everyone and I'll be right back." Billie nodded, his hand never leaving my daughter's head.

Most of the time I was truly thankful for Billie Joe Armstrong. Other times, he just got on my nerves, but that's what friends did. He was released from the mental hospital maybe a month or so after I was. Technically, he was supposed to be a released a good year or so before me, but Mr. Baker started to realize that he was abusing his anxiety and insomnia medication, and extended his stay until he could be weened off of the drugs. However, I was glad that they kept him locked in his own room when he was going through the withdrawals.

I wouldn't be able to witness that.

Him and I were close friends at the hospital, but the relationship kinda faded away when Tyler was discharged. But a year or so ago, I happened to run into him at a festival in Germany that Simple Plan was performing at. I was surprised to figure out that he was also in the music industry with his band called Green Day, who happened to be very good. We ended up exchanging phone numbers and rekindling our friendship.

I made my way through the crowd towards Seb, Winnie, David, and Pierre who were still chatting away. Crowds were not something I was comfortable with, but when you were engaged to a pop punk singer and had an album out yourself, you had to get used to them. Finally, I reached them and I was surprised to see a girl, standing behind David, almost like she felt unwelcome. It seemed like she was trying to go by without getting noticed. Of course, that plan changed when David grabbed her hand and pulled her against his side.