seventeen // stop this pain tonight

--Courtney's P.O.V--

"I hate camping with every fiber of my being," I heard London mutter to David, causing him to smile. "It was Chuck's idea and you'll learn that whatever Chuck says goes."

London, David, Tyler, Benji and I were currently roaming around the campground, seeing if we could find anything interesting. "Why do you hate camping?" I asked, curiously. "Normally, people are excited about it."

David rolled his eyes. "She's only unhappy about it because the only time she went camping was when she was thirteen and she couldn't sleep the entire night."

"It was because it was thunder storming!" London retorted.

Tyler raised his eyebrows as he carried my son on his shoulders. "Why were you even camping when it was storming? Shouldn't you have checked the weather report?"

"That's exactly what I said!" The younger girl exclaimed. "But my parents wouldn't listen to me, so we went camping anyway. To top it off, my cousin was being a jerk the whole night because she disliked my best friend and that said best friend snored like a bear."

"You also snore like a bear," David pointed out.

London gave him a death glare as Tyler stared at both of them in confusion. It didn't dawn on me that he still didn't know about the fact that David and London were dating. Nobody knew aside from Simple Plan and I.

I tapped David on the shoulder before whispering something in his ear. In return, he whispered something in London's ear. She seemed hesitant, but she nodded her head anyway.

"Um, Tyler," David began, "I think there's something you should know about London and I."

Tyler perked up, interest sparking in his eyes.

"We're dating!" London blurted out. A blush developed on her cheeks as Tyler's eyes widened.

"We decided to keep it secret because of the age difference between us and because London kinda ran away," David explained, sheepishly. "And now that we told you, please don't tell anybody else."

Tyler shook his head, causing Benji to squeal. "I won't tell anyone. I'm not the type of person to run my mouth." He glanced between London, David, and I before releasing a deep breath. "I'm glad you guys are happy. That's all that matters in a relationship."

I cringed slightly at his words and I think that was the reaction he wanted out of me. He wanted to see if I was going to react at all. Lately, it seemed like he was trying to test to me to see how I acted around him; to see if I was as faithful to Pierre as I seemed.

"You're more understanding than most people," London muttered, crossing her arms. She seemed angry or annoyed at the very least. David chuckled, nervously, before grabbing his girlfriend's shoulder, stopping her in her tracks. "You guys continuing walking. I think London and I are going to walk back to the others."

I nodded while Tyler was too busy paying attention to Benji to respond. "Tell everyone that we'll be back in a little bit."

David smiled apologetically at me before making London turn around and walking back the other way.

"Do I need to know what that was about?" Tyler asked. "Did I say something shouldn't have?"

"No, Tyler," I sighed. "I think she was thinking about her parents. Whenever she does, it causes her to have a depressive episode. She's borderline bipolar as well, so it gets really bad sometimes. David usually can tell when her mood shifts, so he drags her away from people."

Our feet clomped across the ground as Benji giggled at Tyler, his tiny hands wrapped in his hair. "I think I see a playground up ahead." Tyler pointed. "It has slides and everything."