twenty-eight // hello there, angel from my nightmare

--Tyler's P.O.V--

My eyes fluttered open at the sound of voices and I was automatically confused. Why was I still alive? Why was my heart still beating in my chest? I jumped off at least a ten foot cliff and I could remember hearing Courtney screaming at the top of her lungs.

There was no way I could have survived that fall. Both my neck and back broke on impact. That was the last thing I heard before everything went dark. That was the last thing I heard before I died.

Yet, somehow, I was still alive and breathing. How was that even possible?

The voices seemed to get louder as I started moving. I managed to sit up and rub my eyes, slowly turning my head to take in my surroundings. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

I was positioned on a very uncomfortable bench which was located in a hospital room. In the middle of the room was a bed and I gasped as I saw who was lying in it. Courtney Annabel Akehurst was dressed in a hospital gown and she was smiling down at a newborn baby in her arms. However, she instantly looked up as she heard my sharp intake of breath.

"Tyler, you are finally awake!" My head moved to the right to see other than Pierre Bouvier and David Desrosiers sitting in two chairs. "Winnie, Seb, and London should be back from the cafeteria soon. They went to get food in case you woke up and were hungry."

I was beyond confused. "How am I still alive?"

"What do you mean, Tyler?" Courtney asked, softly.

I turned towards her once more. "I jumped off a cliff. I killed myself. I shouldn't be alive right now."

Courtney shuddered at my words, but her voice stayed calm. "What are you talking about? You must have had a bad dream or something. All you did was pass out when I was giving birth."

I ran my hands through my hair in frustration. "So Pierre is a dad once again?"

"Wait- what are you talking about, dude?" Pierre asked before Courtney could even open her mouth. "What do you mean 'dad again?' Courtney and I only had Séverine together."

I stared at everyone in utter bewilderment as David cleared his throat. "That must have been a really long and bad dream you had, Tyler."

"David? Pierre? Could you guys leave the room for a moment? I need to talk to my husband alone," Courtney said, softly.

The two guys nodded and quietly left the room, leaving me to stare open-mouthed at the black wedding band that was on my finger.

"Tyler, do you want to explain to me what your dream was about?" Courtney asked. "Maybe that way I can maybe help clear up some of the confusion."

I shook my head. "I don't even know where to start. I'm just so confused right now."

"Okay, think of some starting point then."

The real starting point of all this was the mental hospital, so I launched into the tale of how her and I met in the hospital and then I had to eventually leave before her which caused us to lose contact. I mentioned Jenna. I added in details about Tanner and the fact that her and Pierre were together and had three kids. Finally, I finished up the story by explaining that she ended up not picking me and I killed myself because of it.

Courtney's eyes widened as I quit talking. "Well, Tyler, you were only passed out for half an hour at the most, so I must say that was a long dream. However, some of it was the truth. Everything about the mental hospital is true and yes, you did invite me on the blurryface tour to rekindle our relationship. I did start dating Pierre around that time and we did have Séverine together, but after she was born, I didn't go back to Montreal. I stayed in Ohio and so did Pierre. We tried to make our relationship last, but it didn't and I eventually fell in love with you again."

"You and I have been together ever since then. We got married when I was twenty-two and then we had Benji and Bowser. They are your sons, not Pierre's." She smiled down at the little bundle in her arms. "And his little girl right here is also your daughter. We named her Emma."

My heart was beating a hundred miles a minute as I stared at the girl I loved and the little in her arms - my daughter. "So all of the Pierre drama and everything was a dream? It wasn't real?"

Courtney shook her head. "The only Pierre drama that was real was my first pregnancy. That was it. Everything else was in your head."

"Well, what about David and everybody else in Simple Plan? Are they still in the relationships that were in my dream? Were all of those real?"

She nodded. "Every detail of those were real, except the fact that Winnie is pregnant currently and due in about a month and a half. London is now nineteen and her and David eloped and already have a little boy named Cole."

A breath of relief escaped my lungs and a smile found its way onto my face. It was all just a night terror. All of the years of misery was just a terrible terrible dream. I had the girl that I loved and three beautiful children. I was married to Courtney Akehurst, the one thing that I've always wanted.

I didn't jump off of a cliff and I didn't die. Everything was going to be okay from now on. I finally got my happy ending; something that I didn't think existed.

"Tyler?"

I snapped out of my daze at the sound of Courtney's voice. "Yes, Chocolate?"

She grinned at the familiar nickname. "Would you like to hold your daughter?"

I nodded without hesitation and Courtney gently passed her to me. Emma looked so peacefully as she slept, no worry in the world, and I felt a pressure start to develop behind my eyes.

"Did you any complications with the birth?" I asked, trying to hold my tears in. "I'm sorry, but I can't remember."

"No, I didn't. Emma is the only baby that I never had complications with and I am so so thankful that everything went as smooth as it did. I don't know what I would have done if the thing that happened during Séverine's birth happened again. Josh isn't here to give me his blood."

I raised my eyebrows. "Where's Josh at?"

"In Los Angeles. He lives out there now since he got back together with Debby. He seems quite happy with his life, so that's good even though we both miss him to death."

It was weird to think about the fact that Josh lived in a total different state that I did now and it was even weirder to think about the fact that he didn't catch the first flight to Ohio the moment he caught wind that Courtney had gone into labor once again.

"So did all of Simple Plan fly down from Montreal or?" I asked.

Courtney chuckled, tiredness apparent in her face. "You really don't remember anything do you? All of Simple Plan relocated here. We stayed such close friends with them that they didn't want to separate our kids. Besides, Pierre didn't like the idea of having to ship Séverine back and forth between the United States and Canada, so he thought moving to Ohio was the best option."

I smiled, looking down at my sleeping daughter, "You know, in my dream I absolutely hated Pierre's guts, but in all honestly, I know deep down he really does love you and just wants you to be happy. I will always be thankfully for that."

Courtney yawned, her eyes drooping. "He's always loved me. Ever since we met on that tour he has, but we just didn't work out."

I pulled a chair up next to Courtney's bed, trying not to wake up Emma. "But you will forever be bonded to him because you had a baby with him, so no matter what you do, he will always care for you and you will always care for him. And I am one hundred percent okay with that."

My wife smiled weakly, sleep overtaking her. "I love you, Tyler Robert Joseph."

"I love you too, Courtney Annabel Joseph. I always have."

A/N: So all of Dementophobia was real life and all of Avenir was a dream!

One more part left!

-L.A