Chapter 32 - We're Ridin'

"Get your butt in the car Sydney," Jeremy said sounding mad.

It was after school and I did something wrong. In my defence, she deserved what she got.

I'm not going to go back and tell you what happened or how it all led to that specific moment that Jeremy just doesn't want to forget because he most likely would love to hear my side of the story. Note the heavy sarcasm dripping from my words.

"Alright, I'm going," I huffed as I got in Jeremy's car before he himself got in.

He wasn't shouting or cussing me out with hurtful words, but either way that is not him. He wouldn't do that to me. At least that's what I hope.

"What were you thinking," he questioned me in a calm voice which chilled me to the bone. It was creepy.

"I was doing what I believed was the right thing to do," I said in a duh tone.

"Well, your definition of right is completely different from mine and anyone who has a right mind," he said, clutching on to the steering wheel as he reversed the car and drive out of the parking lot of the school.

"You mean a mind that belongs to a guy because everyone would agree with me. Including the teachers. They were just doing there jobs when they pulled me away from that witch." I kicked my feet up on the dashboard. "I bet you they all wanted to let me go and have at her. Everyone's tired of her. It's written all over there faces. They were practically begging me to continue smashing her face in."

"No they weren't," he sighed out.

"Of course you would think that. You're a guy."

"And what's that supposed to mean," he asked offensively.

"That you don't think with your brain. You just see a pretty face and a nice body and you and the rest of the guy population would try to defend her innocence. Even though she has squat, zip, none."

"Of course not. We do not do that."

"Ha, you just did." I ended the conversation by ignoring his looks and looking out the side window.

After some time, I began to get bored and frustrated with the silence roaming around in the car. So I took a quick side glance at Jeremy just to see him looking straight at out down the road in front of him. Since he wasn't paying any mind to me, I decided to switch on the radio and the first song to come on was oath by Chet Lloyd ft. Becky G.

Jeremy passed me a curious glance but went back focusing on driving.

When my favorite part came on I decided to sing along with it, in hopes of annoying him.

' I know I drive you crazy, hmm, sometimes

I know I call you lazy, and that's most times

But you complete me, and that's no lie

You are my tuxedo, and I'm your bow tie

We in the car, sing, sing, singing our song

Rocking the building, tear it down, like we king kong

And in my eyes, you can do, do no wrong

You got a best friend sing, sing along'

Jeremy shut down the radio without saying a word.

"I was singing to it," I whined, jutting out my bottom lip.

"Well, you were doing a terrible job at it."

I flicked the radio back on, receiving a glare from Jeremy.

"What," I defended. "I'm going to switch it."

"Sure you are," he rolled his eyes.

"You know," I continued while ignoring him. "We should have a song now that I think about it."

Then idea came into mind.

"It should be Oath," I suggested, excitedly.

"What?" He wore a confused face.

"The song that was just playing dumbo." I shook my head him.

"Definitely no. And we don't need a song."

"Yeah, we do."

"No!"

I felt like this discussion would go on for ages of not stopped, so I put on my best puppy face look.

I pouted my lips, made fake tears shine over my eyes threatening to fall, and curled up in a ball in my seat, with my feet up on the seat resting my head on them, while wrapping my arms around my legs to keep myself together in a ball position.

I felt Jeremy shift his gaze on me a couple of times before he gave in.

"Fine we could have a song. Just don't make it a girly song," he said.

"Yes, thank you," I said enthusiastically, dropping the sad puppy look I was just sporting a couple of seconds ago.

Jeremy just huffed in defeat.

I was playing with the radio, hoping a good song would come up so it could be our song.

I left the radio playing on a station when the perfect song came up, which I sung along to.

'I'm so sorry that it didn't work out I'm moving on,

I'm so sorry but it's over now, the pain is gone,

I'm putting on my Shades to cover up my eyes,

I'm jumping in my ride, I'm heading out tonight,

I'm solo, I'm riding solo, I'm riding solo, I'm riding solo, solo.'

"Oh no," I heard Jeremy mumble as I sung along with the radio.

"Is this our song then," he asked, loud enough for me to hear over the music.

I gave him a 'what the heck'.

"Is this our song," I rhetorically asked him in disbelief as I looked at him. I looked away from him, jutting out my jaw as I repeated his words.

I shook my head, turning to look at him, "Really?"

He gulped when his eyes met my angry expression, "So it isn't?"

I grinned from ear to ear and squealed, knowing for sure it would get to him.

"Of course it is. Riding Solo is our song."

Jeremy shook his head at me, a grin forming on his lips as he looked at me like I was crazy, while I continued to sing. And maybe I was. At least a little.

__________

-blue842

:P o_O