Chapter 31 - Not A Choice

Folvora came a while ago with Jeremy's snack and since then he's been silent, sitting on his side of the couch.

I had gotten back up on the couch at some point and continued on watching the television even though I wasn't paying attention.

All I could focus on at the moment was Jeremy. He had me on edge.

"You're going to school whether you like it or not," he spoke up, interrupting the silence. He said it so calmly that it made me even more on edge.

"No I'm not," I responded back, trying to act tough and though if he hadn't gotten to me.

He turned his head in my direction, tackling me to the ground.

I let out a squeal, getting caught off guard. What the heck is he doing?

In mid air, he twisted so he will hit the ground and I'll land on top of him.

"Why you do that for," I shouted at him. I put my hands against his chest in an effort to get up. However, he had a grip on my hips, not allowing me to move much.

"Because I wanted to," he answered plainly as if it was something casual he usually did.

"That doesn't mean you could just talk me to the ground," I huffed. After a while I gave up on struggling and instead, I dropped my head on his chest screaming into it. I went limp for a while, tired of fighting against him.

"That took you a while," he said turning his head away from the tv screen and instead towards me.

I didn't look up at him instead I mumble incoherent words against his chest.

"What do you want," I asked him as I lifted my head so my chin would be resting against him.

"Go to school," he responded.

"And what if I say no." I lifted a brow.

"Then you might as well get comfortable because this is going to take all night." My eyes widen while my brows scrunched up in confusion. I tilted my head to the side.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that I'm not going to let go until you agree to go back to Dayton."

"Why do you want me to go black to school for. There's nothing there for me now."

"Everything is there. Everything that will lead you to a better future for yourself."

I stayed silent thinking and he knew it because he went back to watching the tv.

As I was debating whether I should listen to Jeremy or go with my first plan, I dozed off to sleep with me still on top of Jeremy.

Sometime during the night I woke up still in the same position I went to sleep in.

"Mmmm," I groaned as I felt Jeremy, who was still watching cartoons in the tv, shift below me.

"So what have you decided to do," he asked me in a whisper.

"What time is it," I asked him instead, lifting my so I would be looking up at him with half closed eyes.