Chapter 9 - In Trouble

As the bell rang, Jeremy was out of his chair in a flash and out the door. I wonder what his problem is. Oh wait, I know, he got beaten from a girl. Yea, girls rule. No question there.

I had no time to follow Jeremy around in case he planned on hurting some other innocent person.

I tried to follow Jeremy out the door in the beginning, but I lost him in the crowded hall. So I didn't even try looking for him after.

Oh well.

I had to get to my next class either way and I wanted to get there early so I could hang with Robert for a bit.

"Hey Rob," I greeted Robert as I walked in the class room.

"Hey Syd," Robert responded from his desk as he stood up from his chair walking towards me with his arms wide open for a hug. "Come here kid. I haven't seen you in a while."

"You saw me yesterday," I laughed out as I consciously walked into his hug. I awkwardly tapped his back as he gave me a warm hug. He pulled back and smiled down at me.

"So how have you been Sydney?" He didn't even give me a second glance at my awkwardness.

"Fine. But I found this guy-," Robert cut me off before I could finish.

"Ooo! Sydney found herself a boyfriend already," Robert said excitedly, clapping his hands like a fan girl.

"Robert, you didn't even let me finish and no he is not my boyfriend."

"Sorry," Robert apologized as he calmed down.

"As I was saying. There is this guy I met who does not like me," I told him excitedly.

"And," Robert said encouraging me to go on.

"And what?"

"That's all? You met a guy and he doesn't like you? What is there to be excited about? I like my conclusion better."

"The exciting part is that I'm going to mess with him."

"Oh, now that is exciting. What are you going to do to him?"

"I'm going to do what I do best. Annoy the cow out of him."

"That's my girl! Annoy the forsaken marshmallows out of him. And while you're at it, pull a prank or two on him."

We high-fived as the bell rang.

"What's his name," Robert asked before I left to go take a seat.

"Jeremy."

Robert's smile faded and his face paled a bit.

"Robert, you ok," I asked him in concern.

"Yea, yea. I'm fine. Go take a seat. Class is about to begin," he said as he pulled up his smile again as if nothing happened.

I gave him a small smile, trying to get him to feel better.

Just right before the bell rang, the bad boy showed up gracing us with his presence, note sarcasm.

Ha, but now I get to mess with him even more. Lucky me!

Jeremy shared a word with Robert before he headed towards his desk. He locked eyes with me looking more pissed than ever.

Why is he walking in my direction and looking straight at me, looking like I just hit him in the face with a frying pan? I haven't even started with my insults.

"You're in my seat," he growled out.

Oh! That must be why he looked angry.

I just smirked my response to him, "And who said this seat is yours, because I see no name on it." I leaned forward as I rested my head on my propped up fist.