Chapter 18 - Broken

I woke up with a pounding in my head along with pain raiding throughout my whole body. As I tried to peel my eyes open, I was met with shattered objects all over the place. I was in the same spot I was previously before I blacked out on floor.

I put weight on my hands and arms, trying to get myself up and away from here as soon as possible, but all I got was more pain to radiate more strongly in my arms. I collapsed back down on to the ground, groaning in pain.

With or without the pain, I had to get up and out of here.

I greeted my teeth together as I held in the pain that shooted out as I pulled myself with the stair's banister until I stood up fully.

I limped over to the front of the door, turning my pain into anger.

Once I was outside, I closed the door behind me as I looked over my body just to see scratches, bruises, and dry blood covering my whole being. It must have looked like I just came out of war with the way I looked but I didn't care at the moment.

I walked down the sidewalk as I remembered what Karver had told me a couple of hours ago. Pain, confusion, and betrayal swept through me. I felt hurt, bruised, but most of all broken.

They left me.

That was all I could think at the moment. I believed Karver. It wasn't because he was my biological father and the common sense everyone has to trust their father but the way he said it while looking me in the eyes.

He looked furious, angry, however I saw something else that led me to believe him. He looked utterly and deeply shattered inside. He may have been so freaking angry with Argon and my mother at the moment but it was still his wife and little brother that had left together.

I just couldn't believe it. My brother wasn't really my brother but my uncle and my mother was seeing him.

It was in all ways wrong and disturbing that such things happened behind my back.

However, the thing that kept on pulling on my heart, leaving me broken in the inside was the thought that they left me behind. They left me behind with that monster knowing what he would do once they both left and they didn't even bother to notify me with a note at least. I wouldn't be satisfied with a note but it would had at least cleared up all these questions that seemed to be building up since the discovery of what they were to me and have been doing all this time behind my back. I thought we were closer than this. I thought Argon and I told each other everything. Clearly not though.

I could feel the tears pouring down my cheeks just at the thought of it. Remembering all the days with Argon and my mother there to let me lean on them, being protected by them, and all the fun good times we had together.

It hurt just thinking about it.

I had to take a moment to gather myself before going back to my life. I wasn't going to let this, them to bring my life into something depressing.

It feels like I won't be able to move on from this soon but I had to.

I had wounds that would soon turn to scars. The scars that won't ever leave me. I had to move on as soon as possible.

I started to run. I ran as fast as I could down the street in hopes to run from my reality, the nightmare that's called my life.

I stopped as soon as I realized, I had nowhere to go. I had no one to turn to. No one to lean on. I was alone in this giant world.

Once realization hit me as to what my life came to be, I screamed out in pain, in heart break. I sank down to my knees just to realize I was in the middle of nowhere. I was seating down on grass which extended all around me along with tall, forest green trees.

What am I supposed to do now? What am I now that I'm alone? Why did they leave me behind with Karver? How could they do this to me? Were a few out of a million questions that went through my head. The worse thing about all of this was that I couldn't escape from the unknown and curious thought I had at the moment going through my mind.

I couldn't escape from myself.

__________________________

So here is an update.Sorry it's so short. Might not do one this weekend for all the work I have stacked up in the corner so yeah...

Oh, I forgot to mention something important in the last update. Drum roll please. *Drumming in the background*

This book got over 100 reads!!! HECK YEAH!!! Haha!!!!!

SO, thank you guys for that. You don't know how much I appreciate you reading my first, not the best but trying to get there, story.

So continue on...

Comment/ Vote/ Dance like the floor is on fire!

o_O

This was blue842     :P

O.P: Feb. 26, 2016