Chapter 8 - Officially Meeting Jeremy

Once I had my car parked in the schools parking lot, I was ready to make my grand entrance. Here I come branches.

I swung my door open. Stomping one foot out of the vehicle, then after a second or two, the other followed. So dramatic. Just how I want it to look.

I already caught a few people's attention. Before stepping out, I slipped my sunglasses on, grabbed my bag, and climbed out.

I locked my car behind me while making my way up towards the school. A few feet away, standing under an oak tree, I spotted jerk-face talking with his friends. Most likely the popular crowd or it could also be the troublemakers.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him looking in my direction, but I didn't turn to acknowledge him. Almost killing an innocent girl, stupid-butt. Little did I realize how wrong I was.

Once I made it inside, it was as if the world had gone silent because everyone in the hall stopped what they were doing just to get a good look at me.

Making my way down to the administrative office to visit Stacy, I heard people whispering and pointing me out throughout my trip there. I guess the outfit worked. I intimidated them or why else would they stare at me? It wasn't like I was the prettiest thing ever. More like the most average face ever to be seen on the face of the planet of the earth. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating, but you get my point.

"Hey, Stacy!" I said with excitement.

"Oh my gosh! Sydney! You came to visit me. I didn't think you would come by to visit. I thought I would have had to drag your butt her like J-hmm, some guy I know," she said cheerfully. "It surely is mighty kind of you to drop by. Even though it was just yesterday that I saw you. Not to mention, the day I met you."

"Girl! Of course, I would come to visit you. You and Robert are like my only friends her so far. And what did you mean by someone? Do you mean Robert? But he's your husband, he should be visiting you frequently."

"Yeah, you're right, but Robert's, well, Robert. Can't do much about him," She fidgeted under my questioning, then changed the conversation. "You haven't met Jeremy yet since you mentioned how you only befriended Robert and I so far?" She looked a bit disappointed.

"Who's Jeremy? Another teacher? Stacy, I know you mean well but I can't keep on making friends that are teachers. Plus, it would ruin my reputation that I'm trying to build if I have too many friends as teachers."

"Don't worry. I wouldn't recommend any other teacher or staff to become your friend." She leaned in to whisper in my ear. "They are all evil so watch your back. You can't trust anyone." She positioned herself back as she was once before.

"Except, for, of course, Robert and I. We are totally trustworthy."

"Riiiight." I stretched out the word indicating that I didn't believe her.

"Syd, believe me here. You have Robert and me, along with Jeremy who you are yet to meet, as allies."

Stacy keeps on talking about this Jeremy guy. I just hope it isn't the same person I landed a punch in the face yesterday. Whose name consequently is also Jeremy. At least that is what the girl he tried to choke to death called him.

"So what is up with this bad girl look," Stacy asked taking in my appearance with approval.

"Just to make people back off and so they wouldn't get the ideas that they could mess with me. It's basically a warning for them. And I like scaring people away," I said with a shrug of my shoulders.

The bell rang interrupting my and Stacy's conversation.

"Well, you should be on your way to first period. You'll meet Jeremy there so don't worry about getting lost or anything. If you need help with something just go to him and of course Robert and I are also available. Bye Syd."

She gave a hug which made me flinch but she didn't let go, instead, she tightened her arms around me. After a couple of seconds, I returned her hug.

"Bye Stacy. See you later." I began to walk towards the door.

"Bye!" She waved wildly. I just laughed. Stacy sure was something.

I held the school's map in my hand in hopes of finding my first period class. I opened the door of the classroom once I found it. Unfortunately, the bell already rang a few minutes ago meaning that I was late but it totally wasn't my fault.

The door squeaked loudly as I pushed it open grabbing everyone's attention.

"Why hello. And who may you be," the teacher, a guy in his late forties perhaps, with graying hair, and in a suit and tie type of outfit, questioned sounding frustrated.

I hand my schedule over to him.

"Class this is Sydney Carson and she will be new your new classmate." Old dude said smugly thinking I would feel shy and embarrassed with the whole class looking at me. Stacy was right. I certainly am not going to trust this old dude. "Would you like to say introduce yourself to the class Sydney?"

I looked in front to get a good at the class filled with people. My eyes swept over the sea of people but stopped once I saw the one and only jerk face. Jeremy.

A smirk formed on my lips as I looked back at Jeremy. We had a stare down going on as I spoke up, "No. I'm good." I broke eye contact with him as I looked back at old dude. He looked kind of shocked as if what I did wasn't expected. I believe he thought that I would stutter out my response while my face turned different shades of red. Sorry dude, but not going to happen.

"Go take a seat next to Jeremy in the back Ms. Carson."

"My pleasure," I answered smugly.

As I made my way down the aisle to the only empty seat left in the class, some people glared bullets in my head while others looked nervous for me. I just ignored all of them as my showdown with Jeremy continued.

I took a seat next to him. He looked beyond furious while I had a smug look on my face.

The whole class turned around in their seats, looking between me and Jeremy. They looked completely confused as to what was going on. To them, I must look like a weirdo because I looked all happy while looking out into the distance, but as for Jeremy, his knuckles were turning white from his grip on the tiny desk, he looked ready to punch someone in the face. Most likely me.

"What are you doing here," Jeremy whispered through clenched teeth.

"Who?" I looked around me before looking at him again. "You talking to me?"

"What, are you stupid or something? Yes, I'm talking to you." He looked directly into my eyes.

"My bad, buttface. I just thought, with that strong grip you have there on the desk while looking at it so intently, I just thought you were having an intimate moment with it that I had to turn my face away from you two. Not my fault," I said with fake innocents.

He looked even more furious than ever, while in front of us there were a couple of people snickering at what I just said to Mr. Bad Boy.

"Take that back," he demanded.

"No," I answered calmly.

We looked at each other waiting for the other to back down.

Guess there's now two bad people but different genders. This sounds fun. At least for me it does.

_______________________

Hope you liked.

If you did:

Comment/ Vote/ Share

The interesting parts are about to come so be prepared.

blue842 is out!

Originally posted:
March 14, 2016