12-Christmas Time!~ Alexandra Evans

Start from the beginning

I sat with them during breakfast, but I finished early so I could get down there quicker. I piled up a paper plate with all the food I could fit before I left. Dumbledore looked happy up at the staff table with his new socks. Lupin however I was going to give the gift to later. I wanted to be right there when he got scared by a calendar. How it was suppose to scare him, I didn't know. I just knew that Sirius knew something I didn't.

As I walked through the snow I couldn't help but smile at the beauty of the outdoors. It was absolutely wonderful in the snow. Once I got down to the Forbidden forest I found Sirius waiting near the edge of the trees. He had a small smile on his face that reflected mine.

"Merry Christmas!" I told him happy as I passed him the watch. It was in a medium sized, gold box. I watched as Sirius's eyes lit up when he saw it. "It doubles as a walkie-talkie." He pulled me into a hug before putting the watch on.

"Thank you so much Lex," he told me. That was what he usually called me, Lex. It was an awesome nickname. Before I could respond I heard shouting coming towards us. Sirius changed into Snuffles a minute before the trio came into the same area.

"I thought you were going to go try out the Firebolt?" I asked them while I set the plate of food down for Snuffles. He barked happily before eating it. I knew that Sirius would eat it no matter what, he was hungry. That's it.

"We were before some one got it taken away!" Ron said angrily while glaring at Hermione. She returned the glare. I should have known that Hermione would have gotten taken! I should have convinced her it was safe before I left them alone.

"It was probably jinxed but Sirius Black! Since we know that no other person would get you something that expensive!" Hermione exclaimed. Snuffles barked at his name before continuing with the food. Everyone's attention was turned to the black dog. His head was still down in the food though, oblivious to the people watching him.

"Who's dog?" Harry asked. Snuffles' head shot up and he ran over to Harry where he started barking happily. Harry seemed a bit frightened by the large dog, who looked quite similar to the Grim that Harry seems to be seeing. In truth they were the same thing though. Sirius had said something about wanting to see Harry.

"He's a friend of mine, Snuffles. I had to bring him some food and give him his new collar that I bought for him," I explained. Snuffles turned and rushed over to me. I pulled the collar out and put it on him. Once I finished he went off to enjoy his breakfast again. "Come on, you can use my Firebolt."

"You have a Firebolt!?" Harry asked in a flabbergasted voice. I smiled and nodded. They must have been too busy to notice it. Lucky me considering what Hermione would have thought about it. She would have gotten it taken away like Harry's.

"I got it for Christmas from some one I learned to be my godfather. He's actually a really nice guy to talk to," I told them happily. The four of us walked back up to the school to get my Firebolt while Snuffles ate the rest of the food. The two boys walked in front of me, Hermione had fell behind to walk with me.

"Thanks for the book," she said with a sheepish smile. I shot her a full smile. Of course it would have been her that figured out who it was from. She was a pretty smart person.

"No problem, I knew that the class wasn't your best subject. How did you know it was me though?" I asked her curiously. 

"Who else would have known that?" she asked me. I shook my head sadly, even though there was a large smile on my face. I guess that probably did give it away, but whatever. She deserved to have the book.

"The broom was perfectly safe you know. I checked it myself," I told her. She gave me a flabbergasted look. "It wasn't me that bought the broom, but I made sure that the person hadn't jinxed it before he sent it," I promised her. Sirius had been fine with me checking it since he knew that I didn't trust that no one had jinxed it when it was sold. I had checked it before Sirius and I made it safer.