Chapter 25

Chapter 25

BANNER: HAYDEN

"Why can't you tell me where we're going?" I asked him as soon as I got inside of his truck.

Graham rolled his eyes, "You don't understand what It's a surprise means, do you?"

I sighed, "But I wanna know! You're being so mysterious it's nearly scary..."

He let out a little laugh and started the engine.

"Are we going to that abandoned amusement park we went to a couple of months ago?" I asked arching my eyebrows, knowing that I might be right.

"Nope," he shook his head, "And by the way, you have to show me your secret place."

I rubbed my forehead, "I will, I will... eventually..." I cleared.

"You'll love this place, I'm sure -" he gasped, "But damn."

"What's wrong?"

"You didn't bring a swimsuit, did you?" He asked me worried.

I laughed sarcastically, "Of course, 'cause that's the first thing I would do, grab a swimsuit."

"Ugh," He muttered, "I guess it will work anyways."

I crossed my arms, "What's going on? Are we there yet? And, why in the worlds would I need a swimsuit at 12AM?"

"We're here," He said suddenly. I looked out of the window but I couldn't see anything, literally, everything was dark.

I opened the door and stepped outside embraced by the unknown noise that the place offered.

But it really wasn't that unknown.

Graham got in the car and turned on the headlights so we could see the path in front of us. When he did so, I couldn't do anything but to let my jaw hang open.

In front of me we had this little personal beach, really familiar since it was kind of tiny and surrounded by big rocks.
Intimate.

The waves crashed into the rocks and slid into the white sand, its sound made me want to throw myself to the ocean. Though I wasn't going to do that.

The sky was full of stars and the moon introduced the sight with a bit of brightness. Soon, my eyes started to get used to the dim light and with just a few more seconds I was able to enjoy everything the view had to offer, Graham included.

"It's... It's so beautiful," I told him.

"I knew you would like it," He said taking a step forward.

I shook my head trying to get back to reality, "Why are you doing this, Graham?"

"Why am I doing what?"

"Trying to make me fall in love with you again? That's cruel, after what you did..." I told him showing a hint of sadness in my voice.

"Look, I'm in love with you, alright?" He confessed.

Inside, my heart melted just a little bit.

I laughed with bitterness tearing away any feelings I could have, "Are you telling me this just so I answer with the same cheesy bullshit?"