Chapter 13

Chapter 13

It had been two weeks since Graham kissed me, and two weeks since he had told me to tell no one. I didn't know how to take that... did he regret kissing me?

I most certainly did, in these past weeks he had been avoiding me non-stop, not until today when Mr. Ibanez told us to pair up in Latin class.

"The assignament for this Winter Break is to write a story, not a simple story though, a mythological story," the whole class let out a general groan, "You will have to create a character, a demigod, and write about his godling family, about how he defeated monsters, about his future, spouse, kids... everything."

I looked at Graham and found him staring blankly at the whiteboard, why had he been acting so weird these past weeks?

The good thing was that the following day we would be heading to Graham's house in New Hampshire. I had asked my parents about it and they had let me go, also, they told me they were leaving again and that they would be back by February. I really didn't mind their absence but I did miss them a whole lot sometimes...

After school I walked to Graham's locker since I wanted to talk to him about the assignment and he might be there, just then I found him talking with Evil Kimberly. When he noticed me he cleared his throat and quickly told Kimberly to leave without letting her see me.

"What was that, Graham?" I asked him with anger, I would not tolere him being friends with that slut.

He rolled his eyes, "Look, I'll be friends with who I want to be friends with."

I gasped, "What's wrong with you?"

He sighed, "Me? More like what's wrong with you, since the day you kissed me you've been acting all obsessed around me, leave it."

"I..." How could he be so insensitive? "First of all, you kissed me, and I haven't been acting obsessively, I just thought... I just... I..." Tears started creating in my eyes, the day we kissed was one of the best days of my life, not until now, the memory had just broken into tiny little pieces.

"You just thought what?" He smirked evily, "You thought it meant something? Well, babydoll, that's the game, it meant nothing. I saw you there, standing in front of me and begging for a kiss, what did you wanted me to do?"

A single tear fell down my cheek, it wasn't a sadness tear but an anger tear, "How can you be such an ass? Haven't you learnt anything?"

He chuckled and looked asides, I knew this wasn't him, I knew he was now hiding behind his bad boy mask, and I hated it when he did.

"Graham I like you, but not this you," I muttered, "And you know that, you also know that in the very deep of your soul you don't want to be like that anymore. Don't you feel trapped?"

He glanced at me and approached to me, "You know nothing about feeling trapped and you know nothing about my feelings. It would be great if you just left me alone."

I didn't give up, "You are a great actor Graham, so good you almost convinced me, but you didn't."

"What do you mean?" He groaned.

"I mean you have been acting all this time and lying to yourself and now you've believed your own lies. You really think hiding behind another personality will make you feel less trapped?" I grabbed his forearm, "You're caging yourself inside another person."

He stared at the horitzon for a couple of seconds and then looked at me again, "I... don't want to hurt you," He closed his eyes painfully, "We can't be friends."