Chapter 14: Forest of Death: A friend's help

Start from the beginning

"Anyway, how are my injuries this time?" I asked, he didn't reply for a little while.

"You have three broken rips, a sprained wrist, and of course, since you used the dark energy, your body is a complete wreck, but you will live"

"Wow, I thought it might be worse" I said shrugging, honestly, I had worst injuries before.

"So, about Orochimaru?" I raised an eyebrow at him "What about him?"

"If he's here, than..."

"He could be here as well" I finished for him, "I know, if he is, I will find him"

"You know you don't have much time left, right?" he asked

"I know" I clenched my fists, as my fight with Orochimaru played in my mind. 'I wasn't able to stop him, and I let him get to me. He was able to run because I couldn't keep my emotions in check'

"You know blaming yourself wont accomplish anything" Yami said, I could never tell with him, sometimes he is emotionless, other times he tries to get me to move into the dark, sometimes he actually cares, consoling, and advising me.

 "How long have I been unconscious?" I asked trying to no blame myself anymore, It' wont accomplish anything, and will just distract me.

"Just a night" just then my body started glowing, it was a signal for me to wake up "See you next time"

"Later" and just like that the whole place faded away and I was enveloped in light.

Third Pov

Team 7 and Team 10 led by Sara's clone, ended up at the clearing where Orochimaru was supposed to have fought Sara in.

The place was a complete wreck, with trees destroyed everywhere, everyone's eyes darted everywhere trying to find a sign of Sara.

"Over there!" Sara's clone shouted, pointing to a spot at the edge of the clearing, everyone's eyes looked at where she was pointing, their eyes widened when the saw, Sara lying there not moving, they ran at her.

"S-sara!" Sakura stuttered looking at the black haired girl, Her body covered with a few bruises, but what caught her eyes mostly was the cuts she had all over her body, the clone approached her calmly, and took a scroll out of Sara's weapon pouch, she bit her finger and swapped blood on the open scroll.

There was a puff of smoke before two birds appeared, on was a large bald eagle, the other being a normal sized owl.

"Satoshi, Rei" the clone gestured to towards Sara's body on the ground, before disappearing in a puff of smoke.

"W-who a-are you?" Ino asked stuttering, looking at the two birds especially the large bald eagle.

Right now everyone was surrounding Sara, with Shikamaru, Naruto and Sakura on their knees beside her, Shikamaru on one side, while Sakura and Naruto on the other, the owl approached Sara's head raising a wing and placing it on Sara's forehead.

"How bad is it?" The bald eagle asked concern obvious in his voice; he narrowed his eyes at the Nara, when he noticed he was holding Sara's hand. "Not good, she has three broken rips, her wrist is sprained, and her body and chakra are completely exhausted, she used the Dark energy, until she was completely exhausted, it caused many scratches on her body some shallow, but a few deep" The owl answered.

"Can you help her?" Naruto asked looking at the owl, with worry in his eyes, this was his first friend even if they were only friends back then for a year or so and now she was both his friend and comrade, and she was in this condition because she fought so they can get to safety. The owl examined the blonde before giving him a small nod with a little smile, she couldn't believe her summoner was finally opening up again, the proof was the people around her right now, their faces held worry, and concern and fear of losing her.