The Boy Who Sleeps On My Bedroom Floor- Part Seven

Luke's POV:

I left the house for school the next day with every muscle in my body tense. I clenched my fists as I got into my car. I knew two things for sure. Romeo's dad was an ass and Romeo was clearly trying to get into the kid's pants. And I was NOT going to stand for that. I slammed my foot down on the gas, wanting to get to school fast to see her. I needed to make sure she was alright. It was irrational to think that for the three days we had been apart that her health or safety could have deteriorated but I couldn't help it. I drew into the parking lot, my hands easily turning the wheel to perform the perfect manoeuvre to get into a parking space. Usually I rode with the kid but considering our current situation it appeared that we had both decided to avoid awkward rides to and from school together. I knew this would turn heads so I tried not to draw too much attention to the fact that I wasn't riding with her as usual, thinking it would be better for both of us. However, she drew a freaking shed load of attention to it when she arrived in that skimpy outfit, which totally didn't suit the naturally beautiful girl I had grown up with and that bastard Romeo in the seat next to her.

It wasn't in my nature to be bitter, especially to someone who quite obviously had some trouble with his dad, but I couldn't help but want to pound his face, in fact anyone's face in when they looked at the kid like that. Fair enough, he didn't look at her like she was disposable like some boys did to say girls like... Gabby. He looked at her how only I should be allowed to. Like he really did care about her. I shook my head at myself as I got out of the car, internally slapping my forehead for being so selfish. But there was something about the kid that had made me fall helplessly in love with her and I didn't want to lose her to some Australian dick with blond hair. She didn't even have to be with me in the way I wanted. I just needed her at my side every day of my life so I could... function. I searched the lot for her. It was pathetic how I craved her presence. How I missed it to the point where it brought me to tears.

It was then that I found her and my heart jumped into my throat and continued to thud uncomfortably loudly. She was wearing slightly longer shorts, grey plimsolls and my breath caught a little when I saw her sporting my dark grey Superdry V-neck jumper. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. Was she purposely trying to hurt me? The kid I knew would never do that yet there she was plain as day staring at me, wearing the jumper she had stolen the last time she came over to my house. I felt hot tears pricking in my eyes and quickly blinked them away. I was the quarterback on the football team and as Ed so kindly pointed out to me, I could have any girl I wanted. The only problem was, there was only one girl I wanted. And she didn't want me back. I turned away from the kid, the ache returning to my chest that appeared whenever I wasn't with her and hurried across the lot to my home room.

Emi-Sophia's POV:

I had let Romeo make his own way to school today because I wanted to talk to Luke. After my breakdown the previous night, I didn't know how much longer I would last without my happy, bubbly Luke in my life. I couldn't deal with the new sad and angry Luke because I knew it wasn't him. I missed my relationship with him and Leon. Ever since they moved in we had all been inseparable and now we couldn't even be in the same room without tension looming over us.

When I arrived at school, I got out of the car and found Luke immediately. When he saw me his eyes widened a little. I looked down at myself, wondering if he thought that my outfit was a little bit too much again and then realised I had thrown on his jumper that I had stolen the last time I was at his house. I sighed, knowing why I had subconsciously put on that particular sweater. It smelt like him. Having his smell on me was normal before we had separated. I was with him so often that I took the delicious, indescribable smell for granted. But now it wasn't there I missed it. I hadn't even bothered with make up that morning, despite the fact that I was hyper aware that my eyes were red and puffy from the night I had spent sobbing on the floor of my bedroom. I ran my hand through my hair and stamped my foot in frustration as Luke turned away from me and left the parking lot. Hot tears stung my eyes and wiped one that dared to fall away angrily with the back of my hand.