The Boy Who Sleeps on my Bedroom Floor- Part Five

As I got out of the car, I was aware immediately of the ever present feeling of eyes following my every move. With my parents, I was kind of like royalty at my school, which was full of rich and preppy kids. I looked at my Mustang with love. Boy did that car stand out in the parking lot; it was full of Porsches and Lamborghinis, not classics like mine. Also I couldn't help but feel the silent question being thrown at me from every possible direction. Where is Luke Brody Valentine? I ignored the staring masses and instead turned to my passenger who was now getting out of the right hand side of my car. Ah. That could be the other silent question. Where is Luke Brody Valentine and who is that gorgeous guy getting out of Emi-Sophia's car?

That gorgeous guy would be Romeo 'I'm a hot Australian Sex God' King. Yes, I gave him a ride to school, and no, I didn't do it to annoy Luke. Well maybe just a bit. But can you really blame me? I mean, he left me crying on a beach. I searched the lot for the pair of green eyes I was longing to see. It took me two times to do it. And there he was. Just staring at me, open mouthed. Oh, I may have 'snazzed up' my look for the new school year. Yes, I Emi-Sophia Carlyle, no longer looked like I deserved my knick name of Kiddo. I had grown up. I was wearing baggy light denim shorts that cut off at my mid-thigh area, I white low-cut, strappy cami that my Dad had picked up in TopShop in England for me and a necklace that stopped just above my small amount of cleavage that I had on show. It doesn't sound like I had grown up that much, but I was showing an awful lot of skin and the heavy silver jewellery, reflective Aviators and gum which I blew a bubble and popped, added to my new almost bad girl look.

My hair was still blond but curled away from my face in its usual centre parting and fluffed up a bit to make me look edgy. I liked my new look, I stood out from my group of friends now and a CERTAIN PERSON was going to look at me where ever I went. I did still feel horribly guilty about not feeling the same way about Luke as he felt about me but if he cared as much as he said he did, he would not have left me crying on a deserted beach and yelling his name. I turned to find Romeo smiling down at.

"It seems you've made quite a statement with the whole," his eyes scanned my body, "new look thing. Although, personally, I don't think you have to try so hard." I smiled at him and stopped leaning on the hood of my car.

"You're probably right. However, I wanted to turn some heads. And you seem to be attracting your own bit of attention! Come on, lets get to the home room," I said as he slung one well muscled arm around my shoulder. We started walking together and around a hundred heads turned to watch us go.

Having Romeo's arm around me was different to having Luke's arm around me. I felt much more comfortable with Luke's arm slung over my shoulder but maybe it was just because it was always there. Or maybe it was because I had known Luke longer than I had known Romeo. As soon as we walked into our home room however, it was not Romeo's arm making me feel uncomfortable. It was the glares, looks of admiration, appreciation and jealousy we received as everyone in the room turned to look at the two of us. I shrugged out of Romeo's hold and walked swiftly over to Honor and my other friends.

"Hey guys, this is Romeo. He's new this year so be nice," I said. There was really no need to ask them to be nice. They were nice all right, maybe a little too nice. They all started fluttering their eyelashes, calling 'Hi!' in ridiculously high voices and pulling their tops down that little bit more to show a little more cleavage. That is except Honor.

"Romeo. That's such a lovely name," she sighed and then carried on staring at a spot of air just over my head.

The morning passed quickly in a blur of classes that didn't interest me. All I wanted to do was get the canteen and see... I cut myself off quickly. He didn't want to see me. I sighed and walked quickly through the halls to the canteen after leaving History. As I walked in, I found my friends quickly, sitting at our usual table. I hesitated for a moment when I saw Luke sitting with us as usual, with Owen and Tony two of his friends from his own year. I walked over and took my normal spot between Gabby and Luke. This was brave considering the circumstances. I saw Romeo sit down opposite me and smiled at him.

"Hi," a low voice said from beside me. I looked, shocked at Luke. I hadn't expected him to talk to me.

"I thought I was better off without you," I said, looking at him icily. His warm green eyes turned hard and pain flashed across his face for a second.

"I couldn't just not talk to you. We've never argued before I ki... before all of this happened. I just didn't want us to stop being friends," he finished looking at me hopefully.

"You should have thought about that before you left me alone in the dark, screaming your name, shouldn't you."

I pushed my chair out and left the table. I heard two chairs scrape behind me and I stopped walking once I reached the corridor. I had expected to see Honor and Gabby behind me but instead of Gabby, I saw Romeo.

"Are you okay?" Honor asked, warily.

"Fine, just peachy thanks Hon," I said sarcastically and then I softened. I looked at her apologetically, unable to speak.

"Come here," Romeo said, holding his arms out. He pulled me into him and I hugged him back, needing the comfort of contact.

The rest of the day past quickly without any other little run ins with Luke, thank God. I couldn't see him again without crying. What had we done? We'd totally ruined our relationship. It was all perfect before. I went home straight away, not having to give Romeo a lift as he was trying out for the soccer team. As I pulled into my driveway, someone jumped out in front of my car. I slammed the breaks on and glared at Luke's brother.

"Leon!" I screeched, "What the hell?!"

"You going to tell me what the hell you did to my little brother or are you just going to ignore me, like you are him?" He said, looking at me in a way he'd never down before. He was looking at me like he hated me.

"Shit happens, Leon. And frankly, it's none of your business," I replied, staring at him just as stonily.

"It is when my baby brother is awake sobbing his heart out at one in the morning on the last Friday of the holidays. And you know what, Luke only seems to cry over one thing. You want to take a guess at what, or rather who, that is? Because I think you already know," he said, folding his arms over his chest. His green eyes were acidic with dislike and the hairs on my neck stood on end. I let forward and rested my head on the steering wheel in despair.

"I don't want to talk about it," I said to the foot well of my car.

"I figured as much. Must've been pretty bad for him to cry over. Did you break his heart?" I hit my head off of the steering wheel twice. Yes, I thought.

"I thought so. When will you realise, Emi," he sighed and I heard him retreat to his own house.

When would I realise what?

A/N:

Sorry it took so long! I had so much work and then I was ill, I mean really ill. I couldn't leave my bed. It was terrible lol

So I apologise!

COMMENT BECOME A FAN AND VOTE :)

oh, and i'm trying out a new background, non of the characters i'm afraid but he is really hot!

err, sorry about the depressing turn this story has taken and i knoew you're all gonna complain about her and luke not working their issues out and living happily ever after but emi is only human and her best friend did kinda ditch her.

loved the bit with leon though :) i just love big brothers!

love, me xxxxxxxxx