32.Goodbye

Destiny and Clara stood next to each other. Rain pouring down and an umbrella in each of their hands. Eric's casket lay in front of them, the priest talking, but the two of them did no idea what he was saying. Destiny's hand slipped into her sisters for reassurance, Clara smiled at her weakly. Her body numb as she looked at the coffin that held her first love. When the priest was done it was time for them to say a couple of words. Since Eric's family didn't give a crap about him, it was only Harry, Zayn, Emily, Liam, Niall, Sarah, Clara, and Destiny that were there, even though half of them didn't even know him well they came for moral support, looks of despair placed on their faces.

Destiny cleared her throat and gave Clara's hand a tight squeeze, "Eric, he was-he was, I can't do this, I'm sorry" she sobbed.

Clara comforted her before speaking up, she herself was on the verge of breaking down as well but she contained herself. "Eric was a good person, he was that guy that you call anytime and you could count on him, he died saving my life, Eric was a hero. I met Eric when I was only thirteen, he stuck up for me against some kids making fun of me and ever since that day we were best friends, eventually we grew into a relationship and he taught me what love really meant, he will always be in my heart because a part of me will always love him" a few tears were falling down Clara's face as she slowly closed her eyes. The air was silent, the only sound was the rain dripping onto Eric's casket.

Clara sat on her couch facing the fireplace, her mind foggy with her own thoughts. "I didn't know he meant that much to you," Harry said, taking a seat next to her.

Clara remained silent, staring at the fire in front of her.

Harry sighed, "You really loved him didn't you?" He asked, scooting closer to her and placing an arm around her shoulders.

She only nodded and placed her head on his chest, "I'm really sorry Clara" he whispered. She sobbed quietly into his chest, Harry stroked her hair soothing her.

Destiny sat down on the steps on the front porch. Her head placed in her hands as she sobbed softly to herself. She wished it had been her instead of Eric, it was her fault why he died in the first place. She looked down at the engagement ring on her hand a few tears falling onto it. He was going to propose to her, and that broke her heart. The man she loved was going to ask her to marry him, but he died instead.

She wrapped her arms around herself, "I'm so sorry Eric, I love you so much" she whispered into the air. The front door opened and closed, Clara, stepping out to see her sister weeping on her front steps. She walked over her high heels clicking with each step she took. She sat down to her and wrapped her arms around her.

"He was going to propose to me," Destiny said, showing her the ring.

Clara's mouth opened a little looking at the ring, she felt even worse and even more guilty, "I'm so sorry, it's all my fault" she cried.

"No, it's not, it's mine if I didn't leave with Oscar and let him kill me Eric would still be here" Destiny mumbled.

"Don't say that?" Clara told her.

"It's true, it's my fault Eric is dead, he's never going to know how much I loved him, we're never going to get married and it's all because of me" Destiny screamed standing up.

"I got to go, " she said storming away. Clara did not chase after her, so she knew she needed time to heal so she let her have it.

In the middle of the night Clara woke up frightened from a wretched dream, sweat glistened on her forehead and a gasp escaped her mouth. "Babe, you alright?" Harry asked from beside her.

"Yeah I'm fine, just go back to sleep, " she replied to him. He nodded and turned back over. Once Clara heard his light snores again, she got out of bed and walked out their bedroom door. She walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. She turned on the lights and grabbed a glass of water. Tomorrow Harry was leaving for the reunion tour and she would be left alone with this baby inside of her. A small bump was starting to form in her stomach, she placed her hand and her stomach and rubbed it.

"Soon it will be just you and me, " she whispered.

"Clara" a familiar voice called. Clara jumped, her heart rate increasing rapidly, she thought she was going crazy because that person sounded a lot like

" Clara" they called again.

"Eric?" Clara said she saw him stand before her, his body a little faded a light white glow around him.

"Hey Clairbear" he smiled.

"This is not real" Clara whispered to herself.

"No it's not, but I need to talk to you," Eric said.

"About what?" she asked.

"I just need some closure" Eric replied.

"I miss you so much Eric" Clara cried.

"I miss you too Clairbear, but I will always be with you no matter what" Eric replied.

"It's my fault, you died, I just wish it had been me instead" Clara sobbed.

Eric frowned and placed a hand on her shoulder, "It was not your fault, I couldn't let you die, I love you too much" Eric smiled.

"I love you too Eric, I always will," Clara said.

Eric smiled before placing a kiss on her head, he then walked back, he started to fade away,"Tell Destiny that I love her too and that I'm waiting for her on the other side" Eric said, "Goodbye Clara, we will see each other again". Eric smiled before fading away completely.

"Goodbye, Eric" Clara sobbed. Her eyes opened to find herself in her bed, Harry is sleeping quietly next to her, she looked over at her clock an hour had gone by and it was now five am, it was only a dream, a few tears were rolling down her cheeks, she wrapped the covers and smiled to herself, she finally got to say goodbye to even if it was not real, she was content with it.

Crying once again, sorry I have not updated in a while I have been busy. The ending is near only three chapters left until the epilogue. I'm going to miss Eric so much, comment if you agree with me, and comment on what you think will happen next for Clarry.