The Uruk-Hai

For once, I was glad no one could see my spirit-like self floating around. It would have been just plain scary if Boromir was looking at me the way he was looking at Frodo.

Speaking of Frodo, I was lucky enough to find him just before Boromir did. I landed just as Boromir spotted him. He was kind of leaning against the head of a statue, which had fallen over long ago. He was just standing there.

"None of us should wander alone," said Boromir suddenly, making us both look over at him. He had firewood in his arms, and he bent to pick up another as he added, "You, least of all. So much depends on you."

He straightened and looked over at Frodo. "Frodo?"

Frodo looked away, and Boromir began to take steps closer.

"I know why you seek solitude," Boromir was saying. "You suffer. I see it day by day. You sure you do not suffer needlessly?" Frodo slowly looked up at him, looking strange in my eyes.

"There are other ways, Frodo," Boromir continued. "Other pathes that we might take."

No. Don't listen to him, Frodo, I thought.

"I know what you would say," Frodo told him. "It would seem like wisdom but for the warning in my heart."

"Warning?" Boromir questioned, stepping closer. "Against what?" Frodo moved away from him. "We're all afraid, Frodo," he said as Frodo continued to go around him, now backing away. "But to let that fear drive us to destroy what hope we have - don't you see that is madness?"

"There is no other way," Frodo said, stopping.

"I ask only for the strength to defend my people!" Boromir said angrily, throwing down his firewood. "If you would but led me the Ring," Boromir began, reaching out a gloved hand.

"No," Frodo said immediately, backing up again.

"Why do you recoil? I am no thief."

"You are not yourself."

I could see Boromir's patience run out. "What chance do you think you have?" he asked, taking menacing steps forward. "They will find you. They will take the Ring. And you will beg for death before the end!"

Frodo turned around and began to walk away, but Boromir was right behind him. "You fool!" he spat angrily, and began to stalk after him. Frodo turned and began walking backwards as Boromir got closer. "It is not yours save by unhappy chance!" Frodo began to run, but Boromir was faster. "It could have been mine." He tackled Frodo and tried to pin him down. "It should be mine! Give it to me! Give it to me!"

"No!" Frodo yelled, still struggling and kicking.

"Give it to me!"

"No!"

And then he disappeared from Boromir's sight, but I could see him. He was a blurred, faded shape. He kicked Boromir and then ran off into the forest, with me right behind him.

"I see your mind," Boromir spat wickedly behind us. "You will take the Ring to Sauron! You will betray us! You'll go to your death, and the death of us all! Curse you! Curse you, and all the halflings!"

I stopped listening and started trying to figure out where the small blurry figure in front of me was going. I tried to remember from the movie, but couldn't. Actually, I couldn't remember anything from the movie.

Strange.

"Frodo, I'm sorry!" I suddenly heard Boromir's voice yell. We ran up the stairs of some more ruins and Frodo hid. I'm not sure why, but he did. I just kind of stood there, not sure what to do.