Too Much

Warning: this chapter is "a little" short.

I could see her. She couldn't see me, though. Couldn't feel me in her mind, trying to figure out what had happened.

I had been looking for hours. Nothing.

I was beginning to get extremely annoyed. I began to look through my own head. Still, nothing. I was tempted to ask Mother, but she was far too busy. I pondered about it for around an hour, still in my sister's thoughts, hardly paying attention. Suddenly a headache pierced my brain, and I almost lost focus. I put my palm on my temple and groaned. Suddenly it stopped, and she could see again.

Whoops. That was totally my fault. I had dug too deep and her mind shut me out. At least I could still see her.

The Elf lady had left before I remembered she had been there. There was a screech in the distance. Then another. It was getting closer. Before I could even think about telling her she should leave, a vision took over her thoughts.

It was the Eye. The one that haunted our dreams, me and Jenakin's. Covered in flame.

Betray your friends, it said in her mind, echoeing into mine. If you join with me now, we can rule this world. She was resisting. Trying to push the thought away. You cannot get rid of me, I will never be gone. Join with me, and use your powers for something other than these weaklings. You can have a greater destiny of you join me.

A scream echoed through my head and I saw her, on a table, covered in blood. There was an arrow in her stomach.

I closed my eyes, whimpering in fear, and stumbled off my bed, onto my knees on the floor.

She hadn't seen what I saw. She hadn't seen herself dying. I sighed in relief, leaning my back onto the side of my bed.

=========================

I give her credit for running from her friends. From her protection. She was being chased by one of the Nine, though, so she didn't necessarily have a choice. She wasn't watching where she was going. She tripped down a super steep hill and her arm landed under her, snapping, and during the fall she rolled her ankle.

I gave her the thought to find a tree in which to sleep in, one that was tall and had a lot of coverage. She was asleep and in a tree ten feet off the ground in ten seconds. At that point I had access to her mind. I made sure she thought what I did was a dream; But I first made sure my door was latched. I took control of her body and kept her asleep for six days. I knew it was a risk, but for my sister, it was a risk I had to take. Six days later I had gotten little sleep and barely ate. It took all my time and concentration.

And it was painful. She never tripped or stumbled, thankfully. But after I carefully set her down just outside Rivendell, I collapsed and slept for two days.

I felt pretty refreshed after that and quietly remained a tiny thought in the back of her mind, following her on her journey in Rivendell.