The Truth

Being summoned is not exactly a good thing. I mean, you can't really do anything about it, but still. It sucks. Especially when being summoned by a freaking Elf lord. I was extremely nervous, but I tried to hide it, even though it didn't end up working. I followed the man to a set of closed doors and waited as he went inside. He came back out a moment later and beckoned me inside, closing the doors behind me.

I went in slowly and calmly, my hands folded in front of me, trying to keep cool. Lord Elrond looked annoyed and Gandalf was faking something that looked like joy. He smiled as he saw me. "Ah! Jenakin. Now we can begin." He turned serious. "Do you know what you are, Jenakin?"

Really? This again? I frowned. I honestly had no clue what he was talking about. I looked at him, confused. He seemed relieved. "Good! Good. You have no idea. This will sound absolutely mad, but we have no choice but to tell you."

He crossed over to me and grasped my hands in his. He closed his eyes for a moment and then opened them back up. "You are . . . You are . . ."

Lord Elrond scoffed. "You are an Elf Witch. So we believe."

I gaped at him. What was he talking about? Of course I wasn't!

"What I say is true. Otherwise, a child as young as you would not know what I am saying now."

It took me a moment to realize that he was speaking in Elvish. Not English.

I lost my knees and sat heavily on the floor, my breathing suddenly shallow and quick.

"What is wrong with you?!" Gandalf demanded. "I told you to put it lightly! Not straightforward!" He kneeled down and put his hand on my shoulder. "You need to breathe, Jenakin. Breathe."

I couldn't breath. I was choking. I suddenly felt a fountain of energy once again, coming off me in waves. Every piece of furniture in the room floated off the ground. I saw it float off the ground. My breathing went back to normal as the furniture carefully set itself down.

I stared, slack-jawed, at a nearby table.

I felt the world caving in around me. Suddenly I felt cramped, crushed. I stumbled over to the balcony and took deep breaths.

Looking at the beautiful landscape, I let a single tear fall. I didn't wipe it away, I just let it slip down my cheek, then to my chin, then onto my hand.

How was this even possible? I looked exactly like my mother before she died. Benji said I looked like her. Everyone said I looked like her. She wasn't from this place, she was from London. We took a trip there every year before she died. Now they're saying she's an Elf Witch?

I shook my head. That couldn't be right.

"I know it is impossible to believe. But you have just witnessed it!" Lord Elrond lacked sympathy or pity. It was quite unsettling.

A knock came to the closed doors. Lord Elrond went to see what it was and Gandalf came to stand beside me. He put his hand on my shoulder and I looked down at the tear drop on my hand. I felt more tears coming but held them back.

"The others are waiting, Gandalf." Lord Elrond said. "Jenakin will have to come with us."

=========================

I sat, on the ground, beside Strider's chair. I couldn't pay attention to what was going on no matter how hard I tried. I completely forgot it was happening until Gimli tried to break the Ring, which was on a short marble collum in the middle of their circle of chairs, with his double-sided axe. It made me jump, and I felt a slice of pain go though my head. I saw a flash of the Eye, and by the looks of it, so did Frodo.

Lord Elrond was just explaining that it could only be destroyed by "the fires of Mount Doom." Then Gimli, Legolas and Boromir got into a big squabble, then Gimli said something completely racist, if that's what you would call it, and everybody went completely nuts, screaming and yelling at each other.

I was watching this like a TV show, until the words got too mixed up and began to give me a headache. I closed my eyes.

Thunder suddenly rumbled overhead. The inside of my lids lit up as lightning struck somewhere. I felt a rough hand on my shoulder, startling me. I jumped and looked up at him.

The storm clouds disappeared. My headache went away. Everyone was staring at me. I looked at the ground for a moment before getting up and leaving, my hands crossed over my chest, as they murmered about me quietly. I saw Marry and Pip hiding behind collums just ten feet away from the "secret" cousil but paid them no heed. I got to a garden before completely breaking down.

Why me?! I screamed in my head. Why did it have to be me?!

I had never felt so alone in my life. I had never felt so different. So hated. It tore my heart in half to think about it.

I cried for a little while quietly before trying to find my way back to my room. After about half an hour I did.

But the door was open when I got there.

My clothes were washed and laying on the bed, and an elf with long blond hair stood just ten feet away on the opposite side, looking outside.

I cleared my throat a little and his head turned slightly.

HOLYCRAPITSLEGOLAS, was my first thought. Then I thought, What the heck is he doing in my room?!

"That was quite a show," he told me. "How did you do it, may I ask?"

I was still slack-jawed, still staring in both awe and confusion (though confusion was all I let show).

He turned to face me and I had to look away from his piercing stare. I closed my mouth and stared at my coat on the bed, then the dress's interesting fabric.

I heard him smirk as he walked out the door and down the hall.

I barely kept my inner fangirl inside of me and almost had a heart attack: But I just settled with a huge grin.

==========================