Strange World

I had a very weird dream. I was walking through the forest. I walked for hours. Then those hours turned to days, and it felt real. My feet were hurting, my arm was hurting. But it was strange, since I clearly remembered falling asleep in a tree. Not to mention I was walking for days and I felt like I could walk for a year straight. I never tripped, never fumbled, never lost my balance. I walked for six days straight without stopping. And that part scared me the most.

I had arrived at a very rocky place, where I finally lost my balance and sat heavily on the ground, exhausted. I closed my eyes, and suddenly I no longer felt a tree beneath me. I felt rock. And earth. I opened my eyes and there I was. On a rocky cliff face.

I felt like I had slept for years and was not, in any way, exausted. I felt I could walk forever. I stood, and began to walk on a narrow path on the side of the cliff face. There was a small corner, and I gingerly stepped out to stand in front of it, paying very close attention to where I needed to step. I was very nervous due to the fact that if I slipped, there was a huge change I would fall straight into a roaring river far down below. I heard a horn in the distance and looked up, my eyes almost popping out of my head at such a beautiful sight.

Rivendell.

=======================

The gates were so close, and I didn't think I could make it. My arm was throbbing and in horrible pain, my ankle sore from rolling it so many times on the way down, and the fact that it was a little more than a little wet and I slipped quite a few times more than I'd like to admit didn't help.

I was so sore. I could barely move. But something forced me to move. Something was keeping me upright so I could reach Rivendell. And I was so close. Close enough to touch it.

I walked between two giant statues of men that seemed to guard the area behind them. The space was circular with a stone floor and a large set of stairs leading up to large doorway. To make a long story short, everything was large. I turned in a full circle before I noticed a man coming down the large stairs, and I jumped when I did, wincing when my arm practically screamed in pain. He was studying me slightly curiosly when his expression changed. "Lord Elrond!" he called, backing up the stairs and inside. "Lord Elrond!"

I heard lots of voices, one in particular very freaked out. More people rushed out with gold armor and spears, all of which were aimed at me, and formed a huge circle around me, making sure I could not escape. I looked at the circle of people in armor around me until I heard more people rushing down the stairs. The man in the front, who was tall with dark brown hair and white robes, came to stand right in front of me. A small group of men and women were about ten feet behind him. I could hear them whispering.

After a few moments of silence the man spoke. "You are wondering how you got here, am I correct?"

I nodded a little.

"You are looking for your friends?"

I nodded again.

He slowly took a step forward, and his piercing stare forced me to step back. "We will not hurt you, child," he told me. "We can help you." He took another step forward, looking at my arm. I didn't step back. At about two steps away he bent one knee and took my arm gingerly in his hands. I winced as he pulled my coat sleeve back and examined my arm carefully.

"Broken. But . . ." He stopped and after a moment looked up at me.

"Get her inside!" he said loudly as he carefully gave my arm to a woman who, with another woman and two men, took me inside. I was dilearilous with pain and exhaustion, so much so that I lost track of where we went. Soon enough my arm was being wrapped in a strange bandage of some sort. It was tight and it only hurt a little after it was on. After a few minutes the man with brown hair came back. "Leave us," he commanded. "All of you. Now." They nodded, bowed, and left.

"You are Jenakin, are you not?"

I nodded.

"You came here with one called 'Strider,' did you not?"

I nodded again.

"I know what you are, Miss Jenakin," he said darkly. "I know what it is that is after you. I will tell you now, you cannot stay here for long."

I was shocked. I was speechless. What did he mean, "what I am"?

Just then someone burst into the room. Gandalf. He crossed the room and embraced me, saying "Jenakin! You are all right!"

I stood awkwardly as he released me and held me at arm's length. "Strider told me you left the group. You must understand how dangerous that is!"

"Gandalf!" the man said. He motioned for Gandalf to come to him. Gandalf patted my shoulder and went to him. They whispered as I sat back down on the bed.

They both turned to face me. Looking at them, I felt like a bug under a microscope. Gandalf turned the man back around as he turned. They whispered again for quite a while.

Suddenly my head felt like there was a knife stabbing at my brain. I felt like my head was fixing to explode. I let out a whimper as I pressed both index fingers to my temples.

I could feel energy coarsing through me and I felt like it was suddenly flowing out of me like a fountain. I felt like I was fixing to explode.

You are not safe there, said a voice. You only endanger everyone else there.

I moaned as I heard a roaring laugh in my head. Then the pain was gone. I saw that I was on my knees on the floor and everything was messy, as if everything had been dropped, and the bed was five feet away and collapsed. I saw Gandalf and the man looking at me, shocked. That was the last thing I saw before everything went black.

=======================