Dream?

I do not claim ownership over anything in this book. It belongs to J.R.R Tolkien. Except for my characters and plot.

I woke up to the sound of birds. I opened my eyes slowly, squinting because the sun was in my eyes. I was in a really green field beside a road, and on the road was a carriage. I tried to sit up, but I got a serious headache when I tried.

"No, no, no, child. Stay down."

For the first time I noticed the old guy in a gray cloak and gray pointy hat crouching next to me. My eyes widened.

He glanced at my jeans. Crap, I didn't change. "You are not from here, are you?" he asked. I shook my head slightly, and he carefully helped me up. I dusted off my jeans and glanced up at him. He was examining my head. "You have a nasty bruise on your head, my dear," he said, leaning on a really tall, GRAY, twisted staff that looked like a lot like a giant stick.

Seriously, does this guy see color at all?

"I'm going to a friend's house. Would you like to come along?" I just stood a minute and then nodded a little. He smiled. "You have no voice, do you, Mira Jenkins?"

I gasped. He chuckled. "Yes, I know who you are. Now come." I uneasily started to follow him. "And no," he said, turning around, "this is not a dream. I am Gandalf. Gandalf the Gray."

==========================

A while down the road, Gandalf started singing loudly. I was in the back of the carriage with a wet cloth on my forehead. In the back where I was sitting was tons of fireworks, covered by a huge brown blanket so no one would know that they were there. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply.

"You're late," said a light, English-accented voice.

"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to."

I looked up to see a short, actually fun-sized, man that looked a lot like Elijah Wood. He had longish, brown curly hair and a totally fake scowl. An attempt to be straight-faced....

I heard Gandalf snigger from the front and Mr. Fun-Sized began laughing uncontrollably.

"It's wonderful to see you, Gandalf!" he yelled, jumping into Gandalf's arms.

Gandalf laughed and hugged him back. "You didn't think I would miss your uncle Bilbo's birthday?"

Fun-Sized giggled and then noticed me. "Who's that?"

"Oh," said Gandalf, turning around. "This is... Jenakin. I found her off to the side of the road in the grass with a nasty bruise on her head, and decided to take her to your home, where she can be temporarily taken care of." He looked at me and winked. "Well, we must going, hmm?" He laughed and we carried on.

HOLY COW, I thought. I GET TO MEET FRODO BAGGINS!!!! NO WAY!!!!

A little while down the road, Frodo said, "What news of the outside world? Tell me everything."

"Everything?" Gandalf exclaimed. "You're far to eager and curious for a Hobbit. Most unnatural.

"Well what can I tell you? Life goes on in the wide world much as it has this past Age. Full of it's own comings and goings. Scarcely aware of the existence of Hobbits. For which I am very thankful."

We came to a small town, full of noise and chatter, and a group of older women waved at Gandalf saying "Ooh, it's Gandalf." He took of his hat and waved it in the air.

There came a fork in the road and we went right, up a hill and towards a couple of yards surrounding homes in the ground.

"Oh," said Gandalf. "The long-expected party." Lots of short, cubby people were putting up banners saying "Happy Birthday, Biblo!" One women clapped and cheered.

"So how is the old rascal?" Gandalf asked Frodo. "I hear it's going to be a party of some special magnificence."

"You know Bilbo," said Frodo. "He's got the whole place in an uproar."

"Well, that should please him"

"Half the Shire's been invited."

"Gracious me."

"He's up to something."

"Oh, really?"

"All right then," said Frodo. "Keep your secrets."

Gandalf laughed.

"Before you came along," said Frodo, "we Bagginses were very well thought of. Never had any adventures or did anything unexpected."

"If you're referring to the incident with the dragon, I was barely involved," Gandalf said. "All I did was give your uncle a little nudge out of the door."

"Whatever you did, you've been officially labeled a disturber of the peace."

Gandalf frowned. "Oh, really?"

Off to the side a chubby man was sweeping the path in his yard. He looked up at Gandalf and gave him his best scowl.

Small children began chasing the carriage yelling "Gandalf! Gandalf!" over and over again untill they came up behind the carriage. "Gandalf! Fireworks, Gandalf!" As we got farther away, Gandalf flicked his wrist and small fireworks went busting out of the back end, scaring the living daylights out of me. The children began cheering very loudly.

Frodo smiled. Gandalf snickered.

"Gandalf?" said Frodo. "I'm glad your back."

"So am I, dear boy."

Frodo jumped down, then waved as we went away. Then he looked at me and smiled. I smiled back.

"So am I," said Gandalf from the front.

After a while we rounded a corner, and Gandalf slowly pulled the carriage to a stop at the yard of a green door, surrounded by fence. On the gate was a sign that said "No admittance except on party business."

=============================

So, do you think it's good? Give me feedback so that I know!

Don't forget to

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

STUFF LIKE THAT

~peace out!~