Chapter 10

We're going on tour after graduation, Jenny.

Those words sunk into my mind in second block during school. I can't go, even after everyone was begging me to, especially Jack. I really needed to sort out my options after high school. I always wanted to go to that college I always dreamed of, and I already got a scholarship for soccer. Blowing that off and going on tour didn't seem like a good idea. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to go. 

"Gaskarth, pay attention." My math teacher barked, slapping his ruler onto my desk. Snickers erupted from all around and causing him to turn around and walk towards the board writing Textbook pg. 341-343. Lip smacking and groans took its place. Grading was over, but he loved giving out assignments.

The bell rang and class was over. Everyone rushed out while I stayed back and put my textbooks back into my bag. Mr. Heinz, the math teacher, sighed and walked over to me.

"Why were you so distracted this period, Jenny? You're always great in my class." I shoved my last binder in my bag and zipped it up. Looking up at him, his face showed a little concern.

"Just problems with my life." I joked, slipping my bag on. He patted me on the shoulder and urged me to tell the story. I didn't mind Mr. Heinz, he was always there to listen. So we sat down in the back of the room and I told him everything.

"Well, seems like if this Jack fellow really does love you, he would understand completely that you want to further your education and then go on with them touring. Don't stress out, I had a girlfriend back in the day. I was also in a sticky situation like you, she wanted to pursue her art career, going around the globe, when I wanted to stay here and educate people like you. If Jack is faithful enough and keeps in contact, you'll see each other soon enough. I'm sure of it." He smiled, patting me on the back. I nodded my head and hurried out the door.

I walked to my locker and noticed a sticky note, covered in...ketchup?

Jenny-

I had to leave school early. The guys and I started packing up for our biggest tour yet! Isn't that crazy?? I wish you were going. But I understand about your education. I love you, always remember that.

-Jack

PS: I was writing this note during lunch, and Zack sprayed ketchup on it. I swear, he has a weird obsession with that fucking condiment.

 I laughed, opening my locker and grabbing my bag, throwing the note inside. I knew I was going to survive this, its only a few months....

Right?

I shook my head and closed the locker, walking to the school parking lot towards my car. I looked at the corner of my eye and swore I saw Holly glaring at me.

I whipped around and saw her laughing and giggling, along with Kara. Lisa is gone....I heard her parents grounded her and moved to another state. I felt something like paper stuck on my back.

Slut.

That word was written in big, bold letters and a period. The writing couldn't have come from anyone but Holly or Kara. Which is strange...I thought Holly was my friend. I crumpled up the paper and threw it in the trashcan, getting in my car and driving home.

Just before I got the keys to the house from my bag, it started pouring. I could feel the wetness of the rain fall down onto my back and all over my hair. I pulled up my AWG sweater further up, hoping to somewhat keep me dry. Which I knew it wasn't going to work.

I dropped my keys on the ground and heard the door open anyway, Alex standing tall and mighty over my tiny, short self. He picked up my keys and held the door open for me, not before I sneezed loudly in the quiet, modern home.

"Somebody's got quite the Jack germitis, am I right?" He smirked, closing the door and dropping my keys on the kitchen counter. I rolled my eyes and snatched the TV remote from his hands, changing the channel to Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

"Wha--I hate this show." Alex pouted, I stuck my tongue out and turned it up higher to annoy him. I don't particularly like this show either, but it's funny seeing Alex pout.

I heard the phone ring and Alex nodded for me to pick it up. I sighed and got up from the bar stool, walking towards the phone.

"Stay away from Jack."

Then they hung up. The only person I can nail it down to is Lisa, but then again, Alex and her are water under the bridge. Then there's Holly...but she wouldn't hurt a fly.

Who is sending me these threats?

"I thought you had to pack." I acknowledged, as Alex skimmed through the different channels, he stopped after I asked the question, looked down, and then back up at me.

"Uh...We're already finished." I felt like he had just lied to me, by the way he said it. I could be wrong, but it feels like there's something hiding around here...

 "Alright, sure." I mumbled, putting the phone back in its original place. I decided to call Jack, but then it went straight to voicemail. I dialed again, only to have his voicemail once more.

I sighed, walking towards my room. Just before I got the door halfway open, a bucket of water splashed all over me, cold water as well. 

"Alex, stop fucking messing around with me." I growled, hoping he would hear me.

"What are you talking about?" He jogged over and started laughing at the scene in front of him. I didn't know if I wanted to kill him, or kill him. Either way, I was going to kill him.

"Alex....I think we need a one on one hug." Alex's eyes widened and he mumbled oh hell no and ran so quick towards his bedroom, locking the door behind him. I slammed on the door multiple times, bucket in hand. 

"Alex, come on. Can't you give your sister a hug?" I heard a faint no and laughed. I decided to call Jack again and see if he could answer his phone for once. Little did I know, he changed his voicemail and still didn't answer.

Hey, It's Jack. I can't come to the phone right now. Jenny, if this is you, I love you. I'm sorry.

Sorry for what?