Chapter 7

Jenny's POV:

"Tom? Are you alright in there? Alex and I made you some grilled cheese sandwiches...We just got home a few minutes ago. Alex couldn't handle himself, he was just SO hungry..."

"Tom?"

"....If it's about Lisa, it's fine. Alex broke up with her a few days ago, he saw the whole thing about her and me. How she would always bully me and make me feel so low about myself.."

"I also got into my soccer team you always rooted me for. The coach told me that I'm a really good defender and wish there were more people like that on the field." I laughed, touching his doorknob.

"Do you mind if I come in?"

No answer.

"Tom..."

Locked.

"Tom...Mom told me why you didn't go to work today. Saying that you were sick? Alex and I know the exact cure for that. Movies....like always...."

No answer.

"Would you open the door?"

Again, no answer.

"A....Alex...."

Tom couldn't have been sleeping, he always told Alex and I that sleeping in the middle of the day isn't healthy and that we should go outside as a family. He always loved this family..

After several kicks, the door opened.

"Stay back." Alex told me.

Except...

I didn't listen to him. I ran inside and shook Tom as hard as I could. My vision getting blurry from all the crying, my palms getting sweaty from being too scared. 

"He's gone, Jenny."

I jumped from the bed and nearly screamed at the top of my lungs. Alex quickly ran into my room, a pot in one hand, and a flashlight in the other. 

"What happened?" Alex rushed out, dropping both the pot and flashlight, walking over to me and hugging me close. I couldn't hold it in anymore and started crying. I was such a wimp.

"Nightmare." I managed to choke out, burying my head further into his exposed chest. He quietly sang a lullaby that mom would always sing to us when we were both kids.

Honey is for bees silly bear

Besides there's jellybeans everywhere
It's not what it seems in the land of dreams
Don't worry your head just go to sleep

It doesn't matter how you feel
Life is just a Ferris wheel
It's always up and down, don't make a sound

When you wake up the world will come around

It's just the sweet weather
and the peacock feathers
in the morning it will all be better
It's not what it seems in the land of dreams
Don't worry your head just go to sleep

When you wake up the world will come around

Honey is for bees silly bear
Besides there's jellybeans everywhere
It's not what it seems in the land of dreams
Don't worry your head just go to sleep

Alex set me back down on the bed, pulled up the covers, and kissed me on the forehead. He then got up and walked back towards the door.

"Al....Alex?"