Chapter 4

Jenny's POV:

Rian parked the car, unbuckling his seatbelt, and walking around the other side to help me out. I mumbled a quick thanks and my knees began to feel like jelly. Rian noticed and laughed.

"You're going to be fine. Just...Zack and I will stall Alex with the new shit we recorded a long time ago. He won't notice a thing." It felt nice that Rian was actually trying to help. I wasn't just nervous for Jack, but Alex as well. He might already think something is going on between us. I nodded my head and we walked inside and down to his basement.

The only one there was Alex, and he was tuning his guitar. Jack nor Zack didn't seem to show up yet, and it was making my stomach do somersaults. He smiled at us, and I quickly sat down on the couch that Rian's mom insisted that they'd have if guests came along. I heard Alex mumble something to Rian and Rian nodded his head.

Rian gave me a quick thumbs up and sat down in his usual spot behind his drums, also getting a new shirt from his room. I heard footsteps descend down the stairs and was about to throw up, when it was only Zack. Rian quickly got up and motioned Zack upstairs, saying that he needed to talk to him. Alex took this as an opportunity to put his guitar down and walk over to me to sit down, holding my hand.

"Are you alright? I'll take you home if you want." I shook my head no, and he sighed. He began rubbing circles on my hand and fiddle with my fingers.

"You never talk to me anymore, Jen. You never come to my room if you need something, and today I feel like something is bothering you...Is it Jack?" I quickly shook my head no, and he eyed me suspiciously. 

"Just...have a killer practice, okay?" I looked at him, and his brown eyes showed that he was worried, worried that his little sister was hurt. It pained me that I had to not tell him what I was going to do. He nodded and got back up, putting his guitar strap on and waiting for the others.

Where is Jack?

Zack's POV:

"What happened?" I asked, Rian shut the basement door and sighed, looking at me, and pointing at the chair to sit down. He made sure no one was around to listen in at the conversation.

"Alright...this is a lot to take in...but you know the whole incident with the signed guitar and Jack missing Jenny's soccer game and Alex couldn't make it because he got a date with Tay...well something else happened that Jenny told me, Jenny was home alone and Jack wanted to throw that party, so Alex went over to help...but Alex forgot his jacket and Jack insisted on getting it and went over to see Jenny and get the jacket but she was cleaning around and singing along to songs when Jack scared her and she hit her head on the open cabinet and started bleeding, she yelled at Jack, Jack left, she felt bad, she went over to the party but at the wrong time when Jack was.....uh....with another girl on his rooftop." Rian rushed, pacing around the room. My mouth formed an 'O' shape.

"Ouch."

"That's not all, we all know except Alex that he likes her. So I...uh...kinda told her he does, and we plan on getting them alone together and talk it out....and that's where you come in. We can show Alex some old shitty song we played back when we were like fifteen. Distract him and let Jenny and Jack talk." I nodded, it felt the time was right to let these two talk and know that they both have feeling towards each other. But I know Alex will probably kick our asses. 

We walked back downstairs and I noticed Jenny talking to Alex, and he honestly felt worried about her. I would too, but we all knew about the situation besides Alex. I got to my guitar in time before we heard another pair of footsteps come down the stairs.

"Go." Rian whispered.

"Hey, uh-Alex, Rian and I got some new beats we want you to see." He nodded and walked towards us, watching our every move.