Chapter 6

Lisa's POV:

I knew the only place to hide until it was safe was Alex's house. The only bad thing about it was that he wasn't around and the front door was locked. I fiddled with my shirt pocket button until I grabbed my cell phone, quickly dialing his number.

He won't answer, forget about it.

I internally groaned until I saw Jenny's window wide open, the wind slowly blowing her curtains. I didn't know if I wanted to climb the beautiful oak tree in the garden, or the gutter.

The oak tree sounded nicer.

I walked towards the back, reaching the oak tree and locking my legs around it. Before I knew it, I made it towards one of the huge branches. I steadied myself to avoid falling or looking down, moving myself closer to the window. I made the jump.

After successfully not hurting myself, I rubbed the dirt off my pants and looked around Jenny's room. It looked the same as it always used to be.

I opened the door to the main upstairs hallway only to come face to face with Alex Gaskarth.

"I can explain." I choked out, Alex tapping his feet, waiting for me to answer and wonder why I had just broken in his beautiful home. I slightly coughed up the words.

"There were cops at my party--and that's never happened before--you know that...my parents are going to kill me and I thought you weren't here so I thought I could just keep it down low here--" He silently nodded and led me towards the guest bedroom. Without a word, he shut the door and I heard him going downstairs. I silently cursed myself for being an idiot talking to him.

Alex's POV:

I just heard around that Jenny is on a date with Jack. What couldn't be worse is Lisa breaking into my house saying that cops are swarmed at her place and she needed somewhere to hide.

Flashback

Alex went to the local bar with Rian, only to have some beers and some good tunes to listen and dance to. It was his night. And nobody was going to ruin it. That is, until he and Rian see Holly and Kara walking towards them.

"Shit, how did they know we were here?" Rian mutters, sipping his beer quietly.

"Hey boys, we just wanted to tell you Alex, that your sister is actually going on a date with Jack at that old abandoned warehouse. We heard all about it at school. Apparently they were pretty intimate the last few days if you couldn't tell." Kara snickered, wide-eyed, I turned over to Rian and he excused both of us from them.

"What the hell? Is that true?"  I whisper shouted. Rian sighed and looked towards Kara and Holly. Holly, looking apologetic, and Kara, looking devious as ever. I ignored Rian's protests and marched myself over to Kara, grabbing her arm.

"Who told you that? My sister would never do such a thing." I snapped, squeezing the dear life out of her arm. Before I knew it, I was drawing a crowd of people, who stared at the scene in front of them. Kara's eyes began to water and she was begging to stop, but I wanted her to tell me who told her.

"Jack--Jack told Holly and Holly told me. I spread it around school and was waiting for you to hear about it. But, surprisingly, you didn't and I decided to tell you myself." I let go and she fell immediately to the floor, crying, Holly lifted her up and gave me a sad gesture, leading both of them out of the bar. I wiped my hand across my face and kicked the bar stool in front of me.

"FUCK." I yelled, storming out of the bar and walking towards my car, starting the engine, and driving home. Jenny and Jack are in some deep shit.