Chapter 8

The finals were next week for Dulaney High. Everyone got settled in their classrooms and it took a few hours. It turns out the guys and Jenny had passed with flying colors and were graduating in a few weeks. Life couldn't get any better for them.

Alex had assigned a band meeting, with their tour manager, Matt Flyzik, and the rest of the crew and band. I was also invited, wondering what the news could be.

"I called you all here today, with a bit of Flyzik's help, and we got ourselves our first tour." Cheers had erupted in the dining area and everyone was high-fiving or hugging each other.

"Now, now- It won't start until the day after graduation. Sadly, we won't attend the after party. Sorry Jack. Vinny and I had discussed about merch and decided that Jenny should help Vinny, giving something for her to do instead of standing around. The first place the tour takes place? Drum roll please." Rian had started slamming his hands on the table and Alex took a breath.

"Norfolk, Virginia."

It turns out that Norfolk wasn't too far from Baltimore, but Alex explained that we were going to farther distances the further along tour. I couldn't be more happier though, my brother's first tour. He seemed reluctant to announce the news, but I thought it was great. 

Later, everyone had left and it was only Jack, Alex, and I.  I thought about it and decided to go out on a day with Lola and shop. I haven't spoken to her since before Finals. And I needed to escape this awkward tension..I whipped out my phone and texted out to Lola.

Would you mind a little shopping spree? Dying to get out of here!

Sure!

"Hey, I'm going out with Lola to do some last-minute shopping. Hope you don't mind." I called out, Alex and Jack were in the livingroom playing a new Batman game Alex had recieved last Christmas. Alex waved off and I began to walk my way through the streets of Baltimore.

I didn't know what shop to go in first, since there were so many. My decision was cut short from a low groan coming from the alley just a few blocks away from me. I decided to go investigate.

Sure enough, I saw Dan on the ground, no shirt and no shoes, his hair dark and dirty, his face...

"Dan, what happened?" I dropped everything and ran over to him, my hands touching his cheeks, making Dan wince at the touch. I felt myself crying at the sight of him.

"Hold on, I'm getting help." I ran over to my bag, whipping out my cell phone, and dialing Lola. Telling Lola that I canceled the plans and that Dan needs my help. She understood and said she was on her way.

"You're going to be okay, Dan." I whispered.

The next week was horrible. I skipped school, I avoided everything and everyone but Dan, helping him dress and giving him his medicine. The doctor said that it could be days before he could do these certain things on his own. Dan had told me that he was walking back to his apartment when he was jumped and some men took his wallet, phone, shirt, and shoes. He couldn't remember anything after that. I felt bad for him, he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time...

Currently, Dan was sleeping in my room. I thought this would be a good time to actually relax after so many things happening. But this just wasn't my day..

The doorbell rang and I wondered who it could be. The guys were all at school for their last week of actual classes before the big graduation. It couldn't have been Isobel or Peter, since they both are working until noon. It hasn't even been a few hours. I opened the door to reveal Jack himself.