Chapter 2

Jenny's POV:

I closed my door and guided Dan into my room. There was nothing special about it, just a few posters of All Time Low sprawled across the walls, a messy bed with a closed apple laptop on top, and a desk used for doing homework. The baby blue walls that Alex never got around to helping me change made me feel like a bit like a child again.

And then there was that picture of Tom sitting on my nightstand.

Everyone basically knew the story of what happened to my brother. Even the hustlers who were pretty damn nosy. Alex and I came home one day, our parents were working, and Tom wouldn't come out of his room, heck, Alex even tried to bash the door open. After several failed attempts, he had gotten the door open and we found him in his bed. I ran to his side and shook him so many times, so many times that I was bursting into tears and smearing the makeup I was wearing that day. Alex had tried prying me off him but I wouldn't let him. I wanted him to wake up. But he never did.

Bringing back that memory brought me to tears. That was also the day when I was going to tell him I finally had got accepted into the soccer team. He was always rooting for me, excited for when I got the response back whether or not I got on the team. Alex and Tom always liked football, but I always liked soccer. To this day, I play my heart out on the field. Just knowing that Tom is looking down at me, smiling.

"You alright?" Dan asked, making me jump. I had forgotten that he was in my room, looking at me worried. I nodded as he walked over, wiping my tears away with his thumb. I told Dan the story about Tom back when we were dating, and he understood. Alex and I told ourselves that we weren't going to tell anyone about Tom's death, unless it was that time to.

We sat down on my bed and I just lost it, crying on his shirt and getting it wet with tears. That picture of Tom brought back so many memories. It was a picture of him smiling, his teeth whiter than Rian's. Rian and Tom would always heckle with each other about who has the best teeth.

"Shh, it's alright." He murmured, his nose brushing against my hair. It always felt nice when he turns into responsible Dan. That's what I always loved about him.

"Jenny? Are you okay in there?" I hadn't realized Alex was knocking at my door. Dan looked over at me and I gave him a weak smile.

"I'm okay, Lex. Just showing Dan around." I guided Dan around my room, which as I said before, wasn't much to see.

"Okay, well there's going to be a party tonight at Jack's and he wanted me to tell you that you're invited." If I was invited to his party, why didn't he ask me instead of Alex?

"I think we will, Dan?" I looked over at Dan and he nodded slowly. Alex smiled and walked over, giving a quick hug.

"Jack hasn't been acting well since Dan came back. I think he's jealous. I hope he isn't, because, well, I'd kick his ass." Alex whispered in my ear. I rolled my eyes.

"Have fun you two, keep this door open, no funny buisness, and if so, there will be kicking in the buttocks and swift kneeing in the wee-wee." I blushed, Alex always did this when guys like Dan come close to me, and it was slightly embarrassing. Alex left the room moments later and I sighed loudly.

"Well, what do you fancy we should do?"

***

Dan had got a call from Phil, his best friend since forever, that he needed to come home to help him record his new video for tonight. Phil had asked if I wanted to come along, but I declined. I didn't want to get in the way of their best friend zone. I'd be too much of a distraction to even notice they were recording.

We didn't get to finish Mulan, my favorite Disney movie. I sighed and shut the drive down.

Maybe Jack would watch it with you.