I pressed the second floor button on the elevator and waited for it to open back. I tried to open the door but he must have locked it on the way out. I took out a hairpin and tried to jam my way in there. I mostly saw people doing it in movies, but it worked for them, not for me.

I stopped the janitor and pleaded with him to open the door.I explained to him who I was and gave him the fake excuse I gave the secretary. Thank god he recognized me from before or else he wouldn't have let me in.

I thought to myself."If nothing is in this file, Reid is going to kill me."

I sat at his desk, I grabbed for the key but realized it wasn't there. Oh god, no where was it?I snuck here for nothing. I combed through the papers on his desk. I dropped on the floor and tried seeing if it must have fallen there.

"Looking for this." A deep voice said. I rose slowly up from where I was crouched. I looked up into the eyes of Reid's father. I didn't even notice when he opened the door.I gulped and looked down in embarrassment.Oh god, he was going to tell Reid. His footsteps came closer and stopped in front of me. He opened my hand and placed the key in it. I looked up at him in shock.

"Seems like I underestimated you. You and I are pretty similar, we are both ruthless, determined,conniving. I always wondered how someone as innocent as you could end up with my son, but it seems as if we all were cut from the same cloth. Am I wrong?" I nodded my head slowly and he backed away."I'll be keeping a close eye on you Cara."

I shivered and averted my eyes. His words struck a chord with me and made me feel guilty.

He closed the door and was gone. I did not like the way he looked at me, like if I was just like him. Was I really ruthless, conniving? I pushed what he said to the side and I pushed the key inside the lock.I turned so hard I almost feared it would break.

I unlocked it and the drawer came open.I held the file in my hand and flipped to the first page.

--------------------------------------

I didn't even notice Reid come in until he called my name. "Cara," he took a hesitant step towards me but I backed away. Tears were streaming down my eyes and for once he couldn't make me feel better."Cara please listen."His eyes grew into orbits and his voice became hoarse. Still, I refused to feel anything but pure contempt for him.

When he came to me I pushed him back forcefully . I was crying, and the push probably didn't hurt him, but he understood the point. "How could you not tell me that I had another family? How could you not tell me that my dad is not my real dad, I have a whole other mother and father, and they are "royals", what the hell does that even mean? You need to explain right now." I demanded.

Right now I felt blind rage for this man standing in front of me. How could he keep something so important from me, how long did he know this?

"Your parents, your real parents are royals. That's another name for Originals. You are blood descendants of the first werewolves that ever roamed the Earth."He paused."They hid you with your current dad for your protection. Dangerous people wanted to hunt you down and use you, so they thought it best that you live in hiding."

I sniffed."So you're telling me you knew all this about me and you weren't going to tell me. When were you going to tell me, were you even going to tell me?" I furiously swiped tears from my eyes.

"I didn't think you were ready when you came here, you were so traumatized by how the guards treated you, you were trying to focus on school, and your grades, I didn't want to upset you with this information."

He didn't think I was ready? Who was he to tell me that I wasn't ready? I could make my own decisions, and I should be able to decide what I should or should not find out.