(Spring) Chapter 5

Start from the beginning

"So, how did it go with Seifuku-senpai?" Marie asks Hinako as they walked along the school hallways with Fūrin.

"Well, I'm officially a representative. I tried to refuse but gave up eventually," Hinako replies, biting onto a red bean bun. "I guess I'll be busy this year."

"That is so awesome, Suzuhana-san! Working in the student council might be a huge task but it's still awesome!" Marie sparkles.

"But that means you have to work with Douji-senpai," Fūrin says, a little worried. "You two haven't gotten along for the past week."

"I tried, Kanzaki-san," Hinako bites on her bun again. "But Douji-senpai kept on calling me mongrel, that's why I keep on snapping."

"Do you basically hate people who call others a mongrel?"

"No, it's not just that. I..." Hinako stops walking and looks down on the floor. "I hate people who look down on others. I mean, isn't it natural to feel this way when someone is treating you like some sort of slave? Like you're simply nothing but, like, an insect?"

Marie and Fūrin stops walking and looks at Hinako. Then, both of them looked at each other, nodding their heads in agreement, before looking back at their brown-headed friend.

"Yeah, you're right," Fūrin scratches the back of his head. "I guess I'd be pretty pissed off at someone who'd look down on me."

"Me, too!" Marie pumps up her fist. "People like that should be taught a very important lesson on how to treat other people right!"

"You guys..." Marie and Fūrin smiles at Hinako. She looks back at them and made a very radiant smile. "Thank you!"

"Come on! Let's go see some clubs!" Marie runs up to Hinako and locks her by the arm.

"Yes, yes, let's go see some clubs."

April 11, 2016 - Early Afternoon

Hinako was walking around the campus grounds on her own, holding a pamphlet in her hands. It was the Kendo team's pamphlet.

Marie found a club she wanted to join - it was the music club. Since she has an aspiration of becoming a singer, she signed up right away, leaving Hinako and Fūrin. Well, it didn't last long till Fūrin found his club, too. He signed up for the school's fishing team right away, leaving Hinako on her own.

"The Kendo room should be right around here."

Hinako walked around the campus until she stumbled upon a wooden door. On the right, there was a plaque that says 'Kendo Team' in Japanese letters.

"This is the place," Hinako approaches the door and slowly opens it. "Excuse me?"

Hinako suddenly froze from her spot when a shinai (a bamboo sword) was thrown towards her direction.

"That was quite the weak spirit!" Yells a familiar voice. "Stand up and take up your shinai, you mongrel!"

Hinako looks at the man, who was wearing a bogu (a protective armor), and just plainly eyes at him. Her eyebrows furrowed, bothered to see the person whom she doesn't like to see the most.

'No, this can't be,' Hinako thought.

"You..."