Chapter Two- Annabeth's P.O.V.- Postpartum shopping spree!

A week later, things were finally beginning to feel "normal" again, Piper was busy with wedding plans, and Percy and I were crazily in love again. At first, it was hard to look at him the same way, but I was, for the most part over it and I saw the man I loved when I looked at him.

Melody was smiling a lot this week and she had grown a lot since she had been born-- I couldn't believe how fast she was growing up! She was already One month and One week old! I was going to have to go dress shopping for Melody soon, since Piper's wedding was in a little under 3 months, I couldn't believe that Melody would be 4 months old at the ceremony.

Percy and I were sitting in church, for the first time since Melody had been born and Melody was on my lap. Melody was wearing a grey dress that had pink flowers scattered around it, the dress had two two-inch sleeves and had a pink sweater that went over it. She looked adorable.

The church serivce had finally ended, so I stood up with Melody in my arms and Percy and I left the room, smiling as we got compliments on the new addition to our family.

"Do you want to go out and get breakfast or lunch?" Percy asked as we left the building.

"Maybe some other time," I said and squeezed Percy's hand, "I think Melody's too small for a commitment that large, I didn't bring enough formula anyways."

"Okay." Percy said and he randomely started to smile.

"Is there something you're keeping from me?" I asked and then I saw someone that I hadn't seen for a while... Aphrodite.

She was standing beside our car with a big grin on her face, I tightened my grip on Melody; trying to stay calm and with my other hand, I took Percy's in mine as we walked over to see her. I put on my biggest smile and greeted her.

"Hello, Aphrodite." I said, as friendly as I could possibly be.

"Hello, Annabeth." She said, "Percy told me that you could use a shopping companion for some new clothes, he said that you're too small for your maternity clothes but not quite ready for your old clothes again, We're going shopping."

"We?" I asked confused, I didn't have time for shopping, my time was for Melody; and when it wasn't for Melody it was for planning when and if I was going to go back to work, I was very conflicted about that. "I'm sorry, Aphrodite but I need to take care of Melody, I barely have spare time anymore and Percy is going back in to work, it will have to be another time."

"No, Annabeth." Aphrodite said, and I knew she had a plan. "Don't you see, I'll be with you while you try on the clothes I can watch Melody, this was all Percy's idea."

"Really?" I asked as I looked up at Percy and he nodded. "Okay, fine where are we going?"

"Yay!" Aphrofite squealed, "You'll see, get in your car we're going to drive there."

About 15 minutes later, we arrived outside of a large store and on a sign it was labeled that it sold designer clothing... gods. I got Melody out of her carseat and changed her diaper, I then got her stroller out, but I carried her in my arms so I could feed her a bottle first. Once we were inside, I sat down outside of a fitting room with the stroller in front of me and Melody in my arms, while Aphrodite went around and picked up items of clothing for me to try on.

A few minutes later, Aphrodite re-appeared with a cart full of many articles of clothing, suddenly I was scared there was no way I would have time to try on all of these clothes, and I wasn't interested in all of them. Maybe just a select few.

I walked into the dressing room, flashing one more smile at my daughter before I went and scanned through the many articles of clothing. I eventually chose a long sleeved light purple dress and tried it on. The fabric was smooth, and it came down to a little above my knee. I instantly loved it, I quickly moved it to the "keep" pile.

The next article I examined was a purple long-sleeved t-shirt that I really liked, it was plain and simple and that was my favorite style of clothing.

I picked up the next item and tried it on, it was a tan chemere sweater with a white tank top underneath. It draped over my shoulders, and was very large and comfterable, I really liked it and moved it to the "keep" pile.

The next thing I tried on was a yellow blouse, that was long sleeved and had a jersey neck tie, it was pretty and I knew that I was going to be buying this today. I moved it into the pile titled "keep" and contiued to try things on.

The next piece of fabric that I grabbed had a scoop neck and was grey, long sleeved and very pretty. It went down to my knee and I loved it-- not hesitating I added it to my ever growing "keep" pile.

The next piece of clothing that I tried on was a white long sleeved shirt. The sleeves were a see through fabric and I fell in love with it immediatly, It had a few buttons at the top but that was it. I decided to get it.

I didn't even have to try on the next piece- It was in my size and I was already in love with it. It was a white tank-top, but over it there was a grey sweater I put it in the "keep " pile.

The next shirt I picked out was Red, and flowed down to my waist. It was long sleeved and had a crew neck, I really liked it and put it in the "keep" pile almost immediatly.

The next piece of clothing that I chose was a pink cashemere sweater, It was very pretty and buttoned up. I didn't even have to try it on, I knew that I would love it nomatter what.

I decided to scan through Items and just pick out a few more, and skip trying them on. I knew Melody would be getting antsy and I didn't want that for her. I went through the cart and chose a few items. I chose, a pink tanktop with a design on the top, a long sleeved chasemere sweater, a long sleeved yellow dress with a floral design on it, a purple short sleeved t-shirt, a cashemere v-neck sweater that went down to the waist, a black and white designed top that had fabric cut off on the shoulders and was titled as a wrap, a tan cashemere sweater with grey stripes, a turquiose shirt with draped sleeves, a white 3/4 sleeved shirt that was able to be seen through a bit, a white thermal cashemere sweater, a black tank top with a scoop neck instead of two straps and the scoop neck was brown and it was studded, a black top with sleeves that didn't go past the shoulder it was loose, a black cashemere sweater dress, a see-through lace sweater, a white camisole, a red knit sweater, a red shirt with drape sleeves and a banded waist, a purple excersizing tank top, a black ruffled sweater, a long sleeved turquiose t-shirt, a gray cashemere cardigan, a pink tanktop that was flowy at the bottom, a pink nike tanktop, a blue silk cashemere cardigan, a blue racerback tanktop, and a light-blue flexible tanktop.

I stepped out of the fitting room, feeling as if I had done enough shopping for a millenium. I saw Aphrodite smiling at Melody, and they both appeared to be having a pretty good time. I was glad, because it felt like I had been in that dressing room for hours.

"Hi," I said softly and Aphrodite immediatly looked up at me, "How are you guys doing?"

"We had a great time," Aphrodite said as she took the cart with the pile of clothes and handed my daughter back to me as I kissed her lightly on her forehead.

"How are you?" I cooed softly to Melody and she smiled her toothless smile, she was so adorable!

She smiled up at me and laughed her sweet laugh, I loved my daughter with all of my heart, she meant the world to me.

We paid for the clothing-- or Aphrodite did and then we left the store. Aphrodite parted with us at my car and I drove Melody home, and Percy had already left for work. I gave Melody a bath and then put her in her pajamas and put her to bed. I then went to bed as well.

It had been a long day...

Hey everyone!! So first of all the biggest thing this week is that to the right of the screen there is a picture of what Melody looks like! I was looking at info. on babies of 5 weeks of age, and I found this photo and one word came to my head: Melody. I might put more photos to the side throughout the story, but for now I have that one! That's all for now!!!!

:)Meg