"You add mystery to my life, a curiosity that runs through my veins, a feeling that thumps in my heart."

⇜♡⇝

"You've been quiet today, Mei-chan." Yamaguchi furrowed his eyebrows towards her figure. She just looked down on the ground, not minding the two boys beside her and not touching her bento.

"Oi." Tsukishima snapped his finger in front of her, but she didn't respond. It's as if she was in her own little world.

A world full of mysteries and lies.

"Oi!" She blinked a few times and realized what she was doing.
"W-wha? What happened?" Her eyebrows furrowed, her mind still in a daze.

"You're spacing out, and not eating." Yamaguchi said, concern on his voice. "R-Really?" Her eyes widened.

"What's going on, Mei-chan? Its not like you to—"

"Mai." She muttered.

"H-Huh?!" Yamaguchi's eyes widened and glanced at Tsukishima.

"Mai..." She mumbled.

"E-Etto, Mei-chan did you...?"

"W-Wha! Sorry!" She bowed her head down almost directly once she knew what she was saying.

"So you remember?" Tsukishima sighed. "R-Remember... What?" She looked at the blonde with confused eyes.

"Never mind." He waved it off and stood up, "Let's go before the bell rings, I hate to be late at class."

"Oh.. Sure." She smiled and stood up, taking her bento and following the two boys out of the cafeteria.

She was silent the whole day— the whole month rather, and it was confusing for both boys. She wasn't really one of those silent types, so they knew, that something was bothering her and they needed to know.

"Are you going to watch us—"

"Oh, sorry, I have to... Go home early because— erm, I just have to." She waved and left directly, not even glancing at the two boys.

"Something is up." Yamaguchi muttered.

"Do you think she remembers?" Tsukishima asks his friend.

"If she remembered, wouldn't she tell us?" Yamaguchi raised an eyebrow and sighed, "It's already a pain to act like we don't know her."

"Not like we have a choice." Tsukishima sighed.

"You still have it?"

"Oh, you mean... The bracelet? It's kind of a memento, so I still have it of course." Tsukishima closed his eyes.

"You think she knew what happened at that fire?"

"Who knows."

Maybe she did.

♠♡♠♡♠

"Hey Haru." Mei waved once she entered the house. "Oh, Mei-chan, you're really early today." Haru smiled. "I was feeling a bit... Off today. I'm passing on dinner, so you can eat without me." She waved and went directly to her room and locked her door.

Haru was starting to get concerned over Mei. She keeps on skipping every meal, and had gone skinny the past few weeks.

"Are you sure? You didn't eat breakfast this morning as well."

"I'm not hungry!" She shouted from her room.

"I shouldn't have told her." Haru cursed under her breath and went up towards her room, grabbing the spare key from her pocket and opening the door.

"Hmm? Haru?" Mei raised an eyebrow.

"I'm concerned about you. You haven't eaten anything."

"I told you, I'm not hungry." She looked away.

"Lies." Haru shook her head, "Was it because of what I said? About the... Fire?"

Mei looked down, she didn't like where this was going.

"I just... I still can't remember, even if you told me everything."

"I'll bring up your dinner here okay? You gotta eat." Haru went out of her room and prepared her dinner. She breathed out a deep sigh and fiddled with her bracelet.

"Where did I got this bracelet?" She muttered to herself. The door opened and she directly whipped her head towards her door, expecting Haru to come inside.

"Here you go, Mei-chan." Haru smiled warmly, placing the tray with her dinner on her desk. "Arigatou, Haru." Mei gave Haru a closed eye smile, before Haru excused herself out.

She eyed the food layed out infront of her. "I should eat." She sighed and took a seat, eating what was on tray.

A buzz on her phone startled her. She picked up her phone,

"Hello?"

"Oh, Shinomiya-chan!" a loud voice booms from the other line. "Yes? Who is this?" She asked politely, sitting down.

"This is Nishinoya!"

"Oh, hello Nishinoya-senpai." She smiled. "S-S-Senpai?! I'll treat you ice cream tomorrow because I'm a good senpai!" Nishinoya grinned.

"Hahaha, thanks senpai." She laughed, "Why did you call me, Nishinoya-senpai?"

"Well, I just thought I would say hello to my kouhai! And I got your number from Yamaguchi."

"Ah, well... How are you?"

"I'm great! But I heard that you didn't eat your lunch today, and as your senpai, I got worried!"

She smiled, "I just ate, so you don't need to worry. But don't you have practice?"

"We do, but were taking a break now."

"Noya-san, who is that?"

"It's Shinomiya-chan!" He shouted.

"Oh! Hello, Shinomiya-chan!"

"Hello, Tanaka-senpai." She chuckled.

"Wait, I'll place it on speaker."

After a few seconds, the noises from the gym can be heard.

"Oh! Oh! Is that Mei-chan?!" A familiar childish tone from the other line was heard. "Is that Hinata-kun?" She chuckled.

"Mei-chaann!"

"Oh, Shinomiya-san?"

"Shinomiya-chan, really?"

"Huh? Mai?"

The last sentence caught her.

M-Mai?

"Oi, oi, let's get back to practice!"

Nishinoya sighed, "hai, hai, Daichi-san! Bye, Shinomiya-chan!" And with that, he ended the call, leaving her alone once again.

"Who was that?"

"Huh? Mai?"

It was confusing. Nobody calls her Mai. At least, she doesn't remember anyone calling her Mai.

Her eyebrows furrowed.

Who was that, anyway?

-----

A/n: sorry, filler chapter