"It's hard to let go, when I held on for so long."
↫♡↬

"Haru?" She knocked on her maid's door. "Hmm? What is Mei?" The door opened revealing the brown haired lady wearing shorts and a shirt.

"Can I talk with you inside?"

"Oh, sure, come in!" Haru opened her door wider for Mei to enter. Mei looked around on the small room, the bed was pushed on a wall and a desk and her closet on one corner.

"My parents are acting eerily suspicious lately." She sat on Haru's bed.

"What? What does that mean?" Haru cocked her head to the side as she sat besides Mei.

"They're hiding something from me." She sighed.

Haru looked down on the floor before clearing her throat.

"I'm going to get some drinks. I'll be back in a bit." Haru waved and left the room.

Mei scanned the room again and her eyes stopped when she was looking at Haru's desk. There was a small picture frame on it.

She went near the desk and examined her picture frame.

There she found a family photo of her with Haru and her parents.... Her parents.

"W-Wha?" She took a closer look at the photo and her eyes went wide.

Those are my parents right? But why do they look so different?

She flipped the picture frame over and saw small writings.

They did it! They started the fire!

Was written at the back.

She couldn't believe it... Her own parents starting a fire?

"Hey I'm back— oh..." Haru trailed off.

"So you saw that." Haru placed the drinks down on her desk.

"W-Who are these people?"

"That was your mom and dad."

"W-Was? So those people who said were my parents—"

"They're not your parents, Mei." Haru shook her head. "I've been trying to hide it, acting like I forgot what happened that day." She sat down on her bed, shaking.

"That fire..." Haru looked down on the floor as if she was reminiscing what had happened.

"Y-You're real parents... Are dead."

Mei can feel tears threatening to roll down. This was the thing she least expected.

"So w-who were those people acting like my parents?" Mei asked, her hands shaking.

"S-She's your aunt and uncle... T-They started the fire." Mei's eyes went wide.

"Oh my—" she held back a sob. It was too much for her to take.

"T-Tell me everything." Mei pleaded.

"I-It was that one time your aunt and your mom was fighting over the business she owned." Haru looked down on the floor, not wanting to make eye contact with the now crying brunette.