"Don't worry about falling, there's always me to catch you."

She looked at the white ceiling and clenched her fists. Texts from Yamaguchi started piling up on her phone. Light dings on the background signalled another text from him.

She groaned and picked up her phone from her desk.

(Just a light heads up, I'm going to use the texting format they use on smart phones 😂)

Yams Tadashu - Karasuno
+63....07....216

Hey!!! Where are you?!!!
Received 7:32 A.M

OII, CLASSES START IN TEN MINUTSS!
Received 7:49 A.M

Minutes* where are you? The teacher just walked in!!!
Recieved 8:01 A.M

MEI ITS LUNCH TIME WTF ARE U RN?
Received 12:05 P.M

Yams, I'm sick af,
I just woke up

She pressed send and placed her phone down, and plopping herself unto her bed. She heaved out a deep sigh knowing that she had just woke up during lunch time.

Her eyes fluttered close and her breathing slowed down.

"You're always crying, jeez what a pain."

"If you think I'm a pain then dont comfort me! Nobody even asked you to come near me in the first place!" She defended, wiping her tears that were flowing from her eyes.

"Don't be like that, Mei."

She shook her head and walked away.

"Mei." He called out.

"Mei!" He shouted, still chasing after her.

She walked faster to avoid him from catching up.

"Mai!" He shouted which made her stop in her tracks.

"M-Mai?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I used to call you that before remember? When I accidently said Mai instead of Mei." He laughed.

"You're really a weird person."

"How so?" He raised his eyebrow. "Figure it out yourself, Ki-chan!" She stuck her tongue out.

Her eyes fluttered back open, and she pursed her lips. "Ki-chan? That must be him!" She said determinedly. She knew it was just a ridiculous nick name she had given the boy but she couldn't help but feel a bit achived by knowing.

She still hasn't remembered his face yet, which made her frown.

I remember everything else but don't remember what he looks like?

A soft knock was heard from outside her bedroom door and in came Haru with a tray with her lunch on it.

"How are you feeling, Mei-chan?" The maid said with a warm smile. She looked impossible to be their made, despite her being thirty years old, she looked like she was still twenty. "Still sick, but I can manage." The 16 year old flashed a smile towards Haru. "Okay then. I hope you get better soon! Here I made soup!" Haru handed her the tray, which she gladly took and placed on her desk so she can properly eat.

"Haru. I have a question." She called out. "What is it?" Haru smiled.

"Do you know who Ki-chan is?"

"Ah! Ki-chan is your childhood friend from before, although I can't quite remember how he looks like since I am still recovering as well." She explains. "Huh? Your memories were lost as well?" Her eyes widened. "Just a bit, but I'm fine!" Haru waved her off.

"It's fine, I should just ask mom and dad." Mei said and started eating / drinking the soup. "I-I don't think they ever saw Ki-chan, Mei." The maid said making Mei more confused.

"But you said he was my childhood friend. How could they not know him?"

"N-No! I mean— uhh, well, you see... They forgot about Ki-chan!" Haru stuttered making her narrow her eyes.

"You're lying. I can feel it."

"N-No I'm not!" Haru defended.

"If you say so." She sighed exasperatedly.

☁ ❄ ☁ ❄ ☁ ❄ ☁

Her phone buzzed lightly, and she picked it up knowing that she received a message from someone on her contact list.

Yams Tadashu - Karasuno

OH!! I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER MEI!!! ()/ sorry for texting u while u were sick!
Received 4:27 P.M

She smiled at his text and sent a reply,

It's alright! I'm managing, but I dont think I'll be able to go tomorrow, GOMEN ( ; _ ; )

she turned off her phone and sat on her bed. She knew Haru was lying. But why would she keep it a secret from her? And why would her parents not know who Ki-chan is?

Something is going on behind my back, and I think I know who's behind all this.

------

Sorry! This is a filler chapter and just, YES I MIGHT REVEAL WHO KI-CHAN IS ON THE NEXT CHAPTER OR WHO WAS BEHIND EVERYTHING. MIGHT

anyways, I keep on updating this book tho and the others are not 😭😭 sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!

This one is dedicated to, gagoozer who made me happy along with Tweaa senpai bc i was supperrr depressed, and felt worthless.

THANK YOU, HAVING INTERNET FRIENDS LIKE U ALL ARE THE BEST

Anyways, how are u all doin?