Chapter 4: No Beef

After my extremely stimulating talk with the mystery girl I headed home with a head full of thoughts.

Somehow we had been talking of death and she had said, "Honey, we're all dying." Something in that phrase really called out to me and stuck to me. It made me feel something. She had sounded really sad today after the initial pleasantries. I tried calling her out on it but she refused to talk about it and insisted that I tell her about my day. Her mood was stormy and her voice somehow was even raspier than it had been before.

Now that I've had time to myself I've just realised that no way could she possibly know about the prank unless she went to my school or knew one of my friends. My head was filled with so many questions about her.

It should feel super creepy that she knew so many things about me and my life but it really wasn't; it just made me super curious. It should scare me that it doesn't scare me but something about her felt so familiar. Something about her reminded me of the diary I always wrote in. It was soothing and relaxing; it felt like home to me.

Halfway home, I could hear a car slowing down beside me and going the same pace as me. I hurriedly sped up, terrified. My heart pounded like I had run 2 kilometres nonstop and my palms became super sweaty. I rubbed my palms on my jeans and finally broke out into a sprint. I looked back to check where the car was but in my panicked state I didn't realise it had pulled up ahead of me. When I turned back around I smashed right into a huge, soft body. All the air was knocked out of my lungs and I hurriedly sucked in a large amount of air and tried to scream while trying to knee my assailant in the crotch.

"Walz!" I heard the strained voice squeak after my knee had successfully connected with their crotch. Horrified, I slowly took stock of the situation. My assailant had actually been Dinah!

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry Dinah, oh my god I'm so sorry." I rambled waving my hands everywhere, trying to help her somehow.

"You know, even though I don't have a dick, doesn't mean that kneeing me in the crotch doesn't hurt." Dinah grabbed onto the open car door and a small body slammed into Dinah.

"Dinah! Are you okay? Oh my god what'd you do now Camila?" I heard Ally's almost hysteric scream.

"I - I'm so sorry Cheechee oh my god," I stressfully ran a hand through my hair. "I accidentally kneed her in the crotch Ally."

"Accidentally?! That was so on purpose!" Dinah groaned and sat down in the car. "You so owe me a taco and ice cream bish."

"Yes! Anything. Oh my god I'm so so so sorry Dinah." I tried to hug her but when I extended my arms Dinah slammed the door and crossed her arms. I bit my lip and just slid into the car. I felt really bad so I texted my dad to make some tacos and for him to also order some pizza. "So do you guys wanna come to my house? I have food."

"Fine." Dinah grumbled and Ally nodded her head.

By the time we arrived at my house the pizza and tacos were ready. I grinned at Dinah as I presented the food to her, hopeful that she would forgive me. My dad makes the best tacos.

It took a couple of seconds for Dinah to realise I was holding out pizzas and tacos to her. It was clear that her mouth was twitching, trying to open up into a smile but her efforts to keep her lips neutral were winning. Eventually, she rolled her eyes and grabbed the food and I grinned cheekily at her.