chapter 16

hey people um do i have any news...no i don't actually ha ha btw that's what Jamie wore 

when school was over i went straight to my car without saying goodbye to anyone i knew ally would be worried so i decided on texting he later.when i got home i found a note on the counter top

hey sweetie i was called in unexpected for work today ill be back tomorrow because am working extra if you look in the drawer in the kitchen i put fifty dollars in cash in there in case you want to order pizza or what not,if you do go out please be home by 10:00 and if your gonna invite friends your maximum is 2,don't forget to lock all doors before going to sleep and remember DON'T LET A STRANGER IN THE HOUSE...by honey love you.

i  smiled,i really loved my mom i don't know what i'd do without her.i went to the kitchen cabinet and sure enough i found fifty dollars in cash hooray! i jogged upstairs and went straight to the shower.when done i rummaged through my closet looking for something to wear,it was 6:05 so hunter would be here soon i had to hurry.

i decided on black emoji joggers with a matching long sleeved emoji top. right when i got my cloths on the doorbell rang.i sprinted downstairs almost falling,i take a breath and open the front door.i almost fainted by the sight damn this boy was fine he could turn a lesbian girl straight with just one look.i noticed i was staring when he cleared his throat bringing me back to earth.i stepped aside so he could come in "you have a nice house." i shrugged not really taking the compliment as a big deal.

he then turns to me "hey lets work in your backyard,by the pool." i give him a questioning look,why would he wanna work back there...then again this is hunter always filled with mysteries.i nodded we both went to the back and sat at the edge of the pool,after what felt like forever of silence. i finally spoke up..."hey uh,am sorry for walking out on you...twice." hunter looks up at me his bored expression gone now replaced with what seemed like...worry?

he opened his mouth to speak...then as if deciding not to he changed the subject "it should be something that moves on its own." the statement caught me off guard and i just stared at him speechless.i guess he noticed "i mean the project,it should be something that moves like a robot or something mechanical you know?" i feel my face turn red "um yeah i knew that." he then rolls his eyes obviously not buying it.

me and him worked for a couple hours it was now 10:45 and it was dark out the only thing shining was the moon and stars,hey it was a full moon."so Jamie,where's your mom?" the question was so out of the blue i had to think about the answer "uh,she's at work...why?" he ignores my question and asks me a follow up "how about your dad?" the thought of him made me sick to the stomach the thought of him being known as my dad was enough for me to go insane i couldn't stand that label.

"hey lets uh...rap up for the day okay?"  hunter's eye's then lit up,something in him switched on...he was thinking.hunter was an observer if i let him he could figure out the secret iv'e been hiding for years in a second. "your dad doesn't live with you and your mom,does he?" i swallowed and shaked my head no i start picking up the papers and pens. "where is he then?" he was piecing things together i start getting nervous as i pick up the post it notes they slip right out of my hands into the pool."shit." i mutter.

"you know what i don't know where he is,are you done interigating me now?" i start putting the papers in the binders with frustration. "what happend to your dad,why are you hiding it?" right when he asks me that question i feel my heart stop.he's gonna find out...my lungs close up my chest becomes tight and i find myself not able to breath."leave..." hunter looked taken back by what i said,he then approaches me.but before he could get closer i push him away "hunter leave now."

he putes his hands up in defeat then turns around and leaves without another word. 

i have to stay away from him....