Another start

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

While letting out a loud groan I slam my hand down on the snooze button, the think with alarm clocks it's like a love-hate relationship, it's the only device we trust in waking us up and making sure we're on time throughout the day then again....it's also responsible for making us start our day. I take a glance at the clock as I leave the comfort of my bed "fuck! 7:15" I'm most definitely going to be late.

I make my way out of my room as I start my routine. Brush, floss, shave and shower.

"Jamie Kate Valentine hurry up and get to school you can't afford to be late on your first day"

i roll my eyes realizing how annoying my mother's voice sounds in the mornings. "Okay mom god stop nagging at me!" I climb out of the bathtub and wrap myself in my fluffy pink towel then make my way back to my room.

I do a quick run through my closet and after what seemed like hours I finally settled on something that was...somewhat appealing. In a frenzy, I throw on some baggy khaki-like jeans and a cute yellow lace top, paired with my usual white air forces.

Whilst giving myself an approving look in my room vanity mirror I grab my backpack and jog downstairs. "Ok mom I'm leaving"

She looks over at me with a somewhat disapproving look, mostly aimed at my top, then again it could be towards the entire outfit seeing she always wanted a pageant attire, not a tomboy one. Nevertheless, she smiles and hugs me, hands me a granola bar, and pushes me towards the front door.

i wave goodbye while getting in my car I take a breath as I start the engine and pull out the driveway...destination school.

"yay."