chapter 39

~ Chapter 39 ~

I felt empty. No coldness, no happiness, no anger. Nothing.

I watched as they lowered the casket into the ground. I couldn't bring myself to cry. I felt..useless.

I didn't want this, I accepted my fate. But no..she had to be the hero.

"How are you feeling?" Chloe asks softly while taking a seat beside me, she grabbed my hand squeezing it a little.

"My mates gone. How do you think I fucking feel" I snap at her, but my voice remained empty and distant. Lost you could say.

She flinches and stays quiet. I felt no guilt for treating her harshly, I felt no remorse for the fresh filled grave.

"You'll be together again before you know it big brother, love you" she whispers planting a kiss on my head like I'm a child before dropping my hand and heading over to her mate who eyed me wearily.

I was unstable. That much was obvious. Me being the strongest alpha in the world now only made me more of a threat. My pack feared me now more than ever but I didn't care. I took care of the packs needs and lived my daily routine.

Get up. Get dressed. Brush my teeth. Do pack work. Train. Train more. Eat. Go to bed. Take sleeping pills. Go for 50 mile run. Go to sleep.

And repeat.

My life before my mate was empty, I'll admit that. My days were spent in darkness. But things changed.

My dark world lit up, I felt happiness knowing she was happy. And when I was the one making her smile and laugh it felt beyond amazing. She was my world, my life, and now she's gone.

I don't bother to use my lycans eyes to help me see anymore. She's not here, the real world is a dark as my own without her lighting it up.

She warned me what would happen. But I was a fool, I didn't listen. And now were both paying the price for my mistakes.