chapter 24.

Angels pov

I feel her shock through the bond as loud cheers and hollers meet my ears. Being too distracted on the noise and how i didnt hear anyone wake up i didnt notice her falling. By the time i did notice it was too late. Even my lycan speed wasnt fast enough. I watch with horror as her head smacks off the tiles with a loud whack, it cracks as her head makes contact with it. Instantly im by her side kneeling next to her head, blood slowly starts to pour out and before i know it shes layed in a big puddle of her own blood. Her beautiful eyes flicker open looking up at me squinted, filled with pain and confusion as well as concern as she takes in my own worry. She slowly stands as if not knowing she's badly injured. As she turns I notice her head and freeze for about half a second before shouting papidly for the pack doctor. her bright red blood soaks the once white shirt of mine she had on, but I couldn't give a single fuck about that, it's her I'm worried about. As I shout for the pack doctor she looses her balance and her skin slowly starts to pale as the rush of blood speeds up. I balance her against the counter and I watch with horror as does the pack members. She looks around blinking slowly with worry in her eyes, it seems to be for everyone else though.

The doctor enters the kitchen panicked and slightly out of breath, he instantly looks at the pool of blood and his eyes widen. Yah. It's not normal to loose that amount of blood and still be standing.

He comes over snapping out of his shock when I snarl, he instantly starts to get to work. He opens up his medical bag he always has and takes a look at her head, she seems to be dazed out at the moment which is strange. He moves her hair once he has gloves on and she doesn't even flinch in pain, her head has a huge cut in, right down to her skull which looks to be cracked.

He slowly and carefully moves her hair out of he way and frowns worried, he turns and reaches for his bag to grab something when it happened. Not even I could stop what happened next.

Her hair color lightens, her skin tone turning white, her stance turning threatening and still. I know she's allowed this side of her to take control, it doesn't help with my anger and concern though. Normally she smells of mint chocolate, she now has spice mixed in.

As the doctor pulls up his sleeves he turns raising his arms to tend to her head again when she latches onto his wrist. With her teeth. He cries in suprise pain and fear, his own skin turning white as she drinks his blood.

"lana" I frown knowing she'd never allow this, grabbing her shoulders she stills under my touch. She rips her teeth from the doctors wrist and turns to me, clearly stelah her vampire side has taken control.

"Steel" she smiles brightly revealing her teeth, the usual pearly whites gone and covered in blood as well as two sets of fangs coated in blood. The bleeding stopped and I'm presuming it's because vampires are technically dead.

"Stelah" I nod not really interested, I don't want her I want my mate.

The pack members gasp and snarl at her, I look to where they're looking and see she has a mark behind her ear. Not just any mark, the mark of a hunter.

"Where did that come from?" I growl in my alpha voice, she looks confused until sensing everyone looking at her mark.

"Ridicuz wasn't into Dakota as she's human, he knew she was a hybrid and bribed me out. He locked her in a room filled with vervain and even though it doesn't affect me the way it should, it burned my senses" she says scowling as if in memory. My fury grows but she carrys on not noticing.

"He took the plants out and let me recover so my senses would be highly sensative, he then starved us for over two weeks. She never got weaker, only stronger because of our demon side. He then brought ten children into the room and made a cut on each of them. My instincts took control and I forced her into the darkness without realising" she hisses venemously barring her fangs as she recalls that day clearly.